"Don't compare Chicago to NYC. Brooklyn would be more appropriate"

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've only been to NY one time, but it was amazing. What really surprised me was the number of fine women in Manhattan. I have been to LA and Miami, but I saw many more dimes in Manhattan.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
NYC is HUGE. Like seriously HUGE. I lived here all my life. And Ive never been to Brooklyn. THATS HOW BIG THIS CITY IS. You can live in one borough and never step foot in another burough for ya whole life.

If you take someone from brooklyn and drop him in a random neighborhood in Harlem or the Bronx. He will be seriously lost. It will prolly take him hours to get back home. Thats how big this place is. A train ride from one borough to the next takes around 1 hour.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chicago is more comparable to Queens or Jersey. Only thing comparable to Brooklyn is Brooklyn

Chicago could be compared to NYC, its just smaller. They got the big buildings, nice skyline, shopping, theater, sports, clubs, and they got diversity but not as much.

Brooklyn could be compared to portland, those of yal that been there knows what im talkin bout

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Chicago could be compared to NYC, its just smaller. They got the big buildings, nice skyline, shopping, theater, sports, clubs, and they got diversity but not as much.

Brooklyn could be compared to portland, those of yal that been there knows what im talkin bout

:snoop: We talkin' about Brooklyn, you talking about skylines and theaters, you obviously missed the point. There's no other place in the world with the local culture that Brooklyn has. Some come close, but Chicago is not one of them. And f*ck outta here with that Portland talk :russ: :stopitslime:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: We talkin' about Brooklyn, you talking about skylines and theaters, you obviously missed the point. There's no other place in the world with the local culture that Brooklyn has. Some come close, but Chicago is not one of them. And f*ck outta here with that Portland talk :russ: :stopitslime:

nah you said nothing can be compared to brooklyn, im saying portland is like BK. And I'm saying chitown is like nYC but smaller. You missed the point. Have you even been to portland? Brooklyn ain't all that, if you wanna talk about local culture queens has way more different local culture, more languages is spoken in queens than anywhere else in nyc Brooklyn is just yuppies, hipsters, then the local culture.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
nah you said nothing can be compared to brooklyn, im saying portland is like BK. And I'm saying chitown is like nYC but smaller. You missed the point. Have you even been to portland? Brooklyn ain't all that, if you wanna talk about local culture queens has way more different local culture, more languages is spoken in queens than anywhere else in nyc Brooklyn is just yuppies, hipsters, then the local culture.

Been to Portland, Seattle and Tacoma, drove up that dumbazz hill to see the city. You are out of your motherf*ckin' mind if you think Portland is anything like Brooklyn :russ: That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard since nikkaz said Kobe should defer to Pau and Bynum. Yuppies and hipsters are everywhere, and you can't be talkin' about the NW, that's hipster capital B, hipsters be migrating from there. Y'all and Denver like the mother hive of hipsters :laff:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been to Portland, Seattle and Tacoma, drove up that dumbazz hill to see the city. You are out of your motherf*ckin' mind if you think Portland is anything like Brooklyn :russ: That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard since nikkaz said Kobe should defer to Pau and Bynum. Yuppies and hipsters are everywhere, and you can't be talkin' about the NW, that's hipster capital B, hipsters be migrating from there. Y'all and Denver like the mother hive of hipsters :laff:

To each his own I guess. It's not far fetch to say brooklyn is like portland or vice versa, even you admit it, lots of hipsters. Brooklyn is nothing special, you got the hipster sections like park slope, boerum hill, along the f line, l line, j line, williamsburg, c line and q train. Other than that it's really just ethnic neighborhoods. You got hispanics in sunset park, chinese in sunset park, fort hamilton, bensonhurst, gravesend, you got the russians in bensonhurst, brighton beach, sheepshead bay, then you got west indians in flatbush, canarsie, jews in crown heights and borough park, black folks in bed stuy, bushwick, etc. BK is nice but it aint all that. I think queens has more diversity and people actually intermingle.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Population

With an ethnically diverse population of about 2.2 million, Portland is the 28th largest metropolitan area in the country, the fourth largest city on the West Coast, and the largest city in the state. It includes six counties spread over 5000 square miles.
Portland Facts

ahem...

Brooklyn, New York has a total area in square miles of 96.90 or 251 km squared. It's population is 2,465,326.
How many square miles is Brooklyn

Brooklyn has more people that Portland and is only one of five parts of NYC...and it's 50 times smaller in land size.

you are bugging.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
I've only been to NY one time, but it was amazing. What really surprised me was the number of fine women in Manhattan. I have been to LA and Miami, but I saw many more dimes in Manhattan.

lotta white model chicks out here in NYC (bytches tall as hell too)

but i think tha reason they got dimes out here is cuz theres so many people out here, its crazy

wuz out by union square / broadway today and i've never seen that many people walking around tha streets in my life, you can't even step anywhere without almost colliding with somebody

alotta of foreign europeans (i'm assuming their tourists)

but tha culture of NYC is gone, nobody here in Manhattan even has an NY accent, u can tell they're transplants

i'm not too impressed by tha night life, i've been to meat-packing (no homo) and a few other spots..... bytches is wack compared to LA/hollywood

i see better bytches walkin around 5th ave/broadway etc in tha daytime in NY than at they clubs at night (unless i'm doin somethin wrong :huh:)

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ΘГβĮŦ∆Ŀ ₣℮ŦЏگ;591096 said:

Population

With an ethnically diverse population of about 2.2 million, Portland is the 28th largest metropolitan area in the country, the fourth largest city on the West Coast, and the largest city in the state. It includes six counties spread over 5000 square miles.
Portland Facts

ahem...

Brooklyn, New York has a total area in square miles of 96.90 or 251 km squared. It's population is 2,465,326.

Brooklyn has more people that Portland and is only one of five parts of NYC...and it's 50 times smaller in land size.

you are bugging.

I didn't mean to compare the population. obviously bk has more people. I'm talkin culture wise in a large part of BK is like portland

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
ΘГβĮŦ∆Ŀ ₣℮ŦЏگ;591096 said:

Population

Portland Facts

ahem...

you are bugging.

Sometimes it's like why do I even respond? :snoop: Sh*t, Jersey City is just as diverse as Brooklyn, but I ain't comparin' the two. Diversity = diversity, diversity doesn't equal Brooklyn. Like cats walk around scare of Portland nikkaz :laff: When's the last time you seen someone rockin' a hat/snapback that says Portland on it? What other city you know where pizza pie, knish, jamaican patty, and a cheesteak sandwich are all common popular dishes amongst all cultures? Chineebai would never say such outlandish sh*t in front of Crooklyn cats, I assure you.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Been to NYC (manhattan), Chicago, and Brooklyn many times.

Chicago: mad fat cacs, it's a Midwest town in a big city
Brooklyn: dump, but the cac hipsters are taking over
NYC: that's where everyone in the other boroughs wish they lived

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only other city that is comparable to NYC in the US is San Fran and maybe DC to a lesser extent.