"Don't compare Chicago to NYC. Brooklyn would be more appropriate"

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I've heard someone on here say that before. How accurate is that statement? I've been to Chicago more than a few times, but never NYC. I think if I were to go to NYC, I wouldn't wanna leave.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
NYC is VERY diverse.
you can go 5 blocks in any direction and feel like you are in a different city.
Brooklyn is a prime example of this.

if i hop on my bike for an hour i can go through a Russian hood, Jew hood, Black hood, Mexican hood, Chinese hood...it's crazy like that.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
ΘГβĮŦ∆Ŀ ₣℮ŦЏگ;590265 said:
NYC is VERY diverse.

if i hop on my bike for an hour i can go through a Russian hood, Jew hood, Black hood, Mexican hood, Chinese hood...it's crazy like that.

:leon:

Buckeye Fever

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
ΘГβĮŦ∆Ŀ ₣℮ŦЏگ;590265 said:
NYC is VERY diverse.

Yeah, Chicago is big, but NYC seems to be on a whole different level. I HAVE to get to NYC in 2013.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
as an afterthought...i grew up in the Bronx. mostly Black and Puerto Rican where i lived. i moved upstate when i was 15 and went all around the North East until i was 31...moved to Brooklyn and was thinking i would be underwhelmed....not so.

Brooklyn is fukking incredible.
i was taken aback for the first year i was here.

i love the Bronx because that is where i was born and raised, but Brooklyn is amazing.

Buckeye Fever

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
ΘГβĮŦ∆Ŀ ₣℮ŦЏگ;590318 said:
as an afterthought...i grew up in the Bronx. mostly Black and Puerto Rican where i lived. i moved upstate when i was 15 and went all around the North East until i was 31...moved to Brooklyn and was thinking i would be underwhelmed....not so.

Brooklyn is fukking incredible.
i was taken aback for the first year i was here.

i love the Bronx because that is where i was born and raised, but Brooklyn is amazing.
A week there wouldn't do justice. I told my wife "I want to visit EVERY borough"(YES, Staten Island too lol). NYC MUST be the shyt because people from everywhere else always got some hateful shyt about it lol

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
i remember seeing some dude with rats on top of his head at times square

scust

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
also from Chi and never been to NYC......i think I'd be overwhelmed, since it's so diverse and spread out. I'm good on going NOW tho, with the changing of the guard (gentrification :rolleyes:).....I don't think I'd get the TRUE FEEL that I grew up learning about. :flabbynsick:

Buckeye Fever

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
also from Chi and never been to NYC......i think I'd be overwhelmed, since it's so diverse and spread out. I'm good on going NOW tho, with the changing of the guard (gentrification :rolleyes:).....I don't think I'd get the TRUE FEEL that I grew up learning about. :flabbynsick:

Yeah, I've seen the Chi so much, that I wanna see some other big cities. Been to LA for a short visit, so I didn't get the full LA experience. Same with Miami. NYC is next

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
the only way you get the full experience of any city is by living in it.
that being said, i've lived in NYC almost 2/3 of my life and i still get thrown a curve ball the Big Apple at least once a month.