Don Toliver - Love Sick (Discussion Thread)

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Im not ready to say this is better than Life Of A Don which is a classic...but im only skipping Track 5 (Go Down) everything else I can let ride.

his batting percentage is crazy

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A couple of misses. Unlike his first project. But its cool. I have to sit with it
More.

I dont know why but i like the joint with brent. And i dont like those kind of songs.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Private Landing is fukkin fiye (Bugatti Biebs verse was good, but I hate he kept stopping). I bet Trav wanted that song but Donny kept it.

Glorilla verse should’ve been at least 4 bars longer on Leave the Club.

Album is great imo. It’s not his catchiest material but it’s more consistent. His other albums were catchier melodies/memorable hooks but his songs were all the same format mostly (which I probably prefer but still, I see the growth in artistry).

This album Don is doing longer verses, and switching his style up more than ever before. It’s just like I said it isn’t as catchy this time around but it’s cool. The album is still great. It’s still that same Don Toliver sound imo. Maybe even with a bit more polished sound.

8 out of 10. Type of album that’s going to get plenty listens (at least from me it will) during Spring, and Summer. All Don’s albums are made specifically for those two seasons. This one is more a Spring vibe though. The others (HOH, LOAD) is more Summer vibes.

If you don’t like it, give a couple more spins. Listen with headphones or in the whip of course.

EDIT: I know these songs are old but he should officially put them on the deluxe. They deserve to be available on streaming platforms (these are just four tracks, this guy has mad unreleased tracks that’s damn near better than the ones he do releases).

(not finished)

(also not finished)

Last edited: