Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
The Grizzlies are about to beat the Pelicans

So we'll have some breathing room for the 9th spot :wow: Inshallah

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
They all expire after next season (Eric Gordon isn't guaranteed past next year)

Why wait until after next season when you can come off all that money (minus Westbrook's buyout) and get a 1st out of the deal NOW?

You end up paying out less salary overall and have more flexibility this summer instead of next.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
We know, you're a big fan of Lebron and are very familiar with him.

But somehow I think an old guy having a knee flareup is a more likely explanation than an evil plot to make the Lakers look bad.

ITS NOT AN “EVIL PLOT” ITS JUST TYPICAL “ALL ABOUT ME” BEHAVIOR ROOTED IN SELFISHNESS - THERES A HISTORY OF THIS WITH YOUR ROLE MODEL.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Why wait until after next season when you can come off all that money (minus Westbrook's buyout) and get a 1st out of the deal NOW?

You end up paying out less salary overall and have more flexibility this summer instead of next.
Because they don't come up off money unless Westbrook takes significantly less to go away. Again, everyone of those deals can expire at the same time. They're not saving money. In this deal, all Houston gets is an extra first rounder and an extra $47 mil of dead space. They gain no space this summer (as if they'd want it anyway) and they gain the same space next summer by doing nothing, so your deal is pretty much Wood for a first rounder 5 years from now.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
Because they don't come up off money unless Westbrook takes significantly less to go away. Again, everyone of those deals can expire at the same time. They're not saving money. In this deal, all Houston gets is an extra first rounder and an extra $47 mil of dead space. They gain no space this summer (as if they'd want it anyway) and they gain the same space next summer by doing nothing, so your deal is pretty much Wood for a first rounder 5 years from now.

Yes, the deal only gets done if Westbrook agrees to a buyout. Said that from the beginning.

If he's like Wall and is fine with not playing then there's no point.

And the money they save would be from not paying out the Gordon, Wood, and Schroeder salaries next season. Which Fertitta would do if he could.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yes, the deal only gets done if Westbrook agrees to a buyout. Said that from the beginning.

If he's like Wall and is fine with not playing then there's no point.

And the money they save would be from not paying out the Gordon, Wood, and Schroeder salaries next season. Which Fertitta would do if he could.

Westbrook isn't taking the kind of buyout you think he'd take, definitely not enough to justify trading Wood for Westbrook.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
Westbrook isn't taking the kind of buyout you think he'd take, definitely not enough to justify trading Wood for Westbrook.

No one except Westbrook knows that. I'm just telling you how the trade could be possible from the Rockets perspective.

Outside of him taking a Blake Griffin kind of buyout it doesn't work. He might choose to do that over being sidelined, he might not.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps

Oh my fukkin gawd:mjlol:

So while I was looking at this video, I was also thinking about all his missed shots on the Lakers and made me think does Westbrook need glasses? :patrice:

It seems that his vision is messed up and that would explain so many things.:jbhmm: