Dog Set brehs! I need your advice on Giant Schnauzers.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
Growing up we had boxers as our family dogs. They are everything that you described as far as what you’re looking for, OP. Very friendly and affectionate. Short haired, but they do shed…but not an unreasonable amount. Energetic, and love to be around people!

boxer-dog.jpg

^^^So adorbz!!!💗

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Growing up we had boxers as our family dogs. They are everything that you described as far as what you’re looking for, OP. Very friendly and affectionate. Short haired, but they do shed…but not an unreasonable amount. Energetic, and love to be around people!

boxer-dog.jpg

^^^So adorbz!!!💗
A bytch with a bytch. That's so adorable!!! 🥰

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
German Shepard. It’s so attentive and smart. Picks things up so fast and ultra protective. But good with family and kids. Very playful and energetic but real calm cool demeanor as well. But most importantly one of the best guard dogs there is hands down.I got small kids and mine is great with them and welcoming towards my other family.

Daps
Just watched this 5 times :snoop:
It’s addicting. It’s one of the most entertaining videos I’ve seen this year. The funny thing is, if you know anything about kittens, you know little breh wasn’t remotely hurt, got up, shook it off, and went on about his day.

Gwoppo

All Star
Daps
I’ve never had one but plan on getting one.

From what I’ve read they are really energetic and protective. Not good with strangers. You really have to put in a lot of time with training them and having them around ppl, because they are highly likely to attack someone (adult or kid doesn’t matter) if you don’t. Oh and make sure you get one from a reputable breeder

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Seriously considering getting the family a dog. My dad owned three types of dogs growing up. A German Shepherd, a mean ass Chow Chow with a purple tongue, and big ass but chill Rotty. I’ve only owned German Shepherds myself. Gave my last one to my father-in-law about five years ago and I don’t think he wants to give him back. He’s a “Shop Dog” now.

Criteria for the new dog…

-Good with children (my kids’ requirement)
-Protector and guardian instincts (my requirement)
-Doesn’t shed a lot and looks nice (my wife’s requirement, as a neat freak)

Another German Shepherd would be cool, but they shed a lot and the wife isn’t having it (and I truly don’t blame her because I get tired of cleaning all of the hair around the house too).

I’ve convinced her that a male Giant Schnauzer would be the perfect dog. She fell in love after I showed her some videos and worked my magic.
:youngsabo:

Giant Schnauzer is number one on our list. Any of you brehs have experience with these beautiful creatures? You recommend any other breeds within my criteria? She was feeling the Belgian Mal too, but I don’t know. My boy has one, but the fur and they’re hyper as fukk. I love Corsos too. Cane Corso is too menacing looking and some kennels refuse to watch them though.

GiantSchnauzer-FeaturedImage-1024x615.jpg

I unfortunately don't have experience with that dog but I can't say I have ever seen them actively being aggressive. I think they are very attractive but keep in mind that you will have to visit the groomer regularly to keep the dog from looking like a tumbleweed. If you are cool with that go for it.