Does the Youtube algorithm have a no nikkas policy?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The algorithm bases it off your personal viewing history and other Youtube users that consume the same content as you. So if you're not watching cac shyt, you're watching content that Cacs like.

isn't the algorithm also determined by what you search for on google as well since they are all integrated?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Your front page is based on your viewing history so this shouldn't be a problem...provided you're actually watching black creators on Youtube :mjpls:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
My homepage is 95% old videos of people I subscribed to and 5% some random video from 6 years ago of a nun dropkicking a training dummy.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
nikkas in here really giving @Responsible Allen Iverson the mjpls treatment?:gucci:

Y'all need yo coli cards revoked
IuKoBL.gif
IuKoBL.gif
Facts is facts breh. fukk who the OP is :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk what's happening.

Try creating a second channel(still under your account) and test it out.

I have a second YT channel just for Japanese content and I never get anything on my homepage outside of the few things I watch on that account.

Youtube tends to only recommend me stuff based off of my viewing history/searches.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
My Youtube home page rarely features videos by Black people on it. This doesn't make sense because I specifically look for and subscribe to Black people who make videos on topics that I'm interested in. If I am watching a video by a Black creator, Youtube will show related videos on the side that are from other Black creators, but not on the home page. I can watch a bunch of videos from a specific Black creator and Youtube will never show their videos on the home page, but I can watch one video from other non-Black people and Youtube will not stop recommending their videos. What's worse is when I watch a video that is vaguely "political," and then Youtube starts recommending me videos from right-wing CACs, which I have zero interest in. My subscriptions page looks completely different from the videos that pop up on the home page. I understand that the Youtube algorithm pushes stuff that is popular and Black people in general don't get the popularity that people in other groups get, but it just seems like Youtube would recommend Black channels to me more due to the relatively high number of Black people that I'm subscribed to. :mjpls:

subscribe and don't hit the like button bruhs

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
You might have to make a more concerted effort to

Subscribe to channels that you have interest in
Like videos that you have an interest in (and antyhing remotely similar)

YouTube will default to the most random video suggestions if you don't curate what interests you.

McPiff

#goat
Daps
You might have to make a more concerted effort to

Subscribe to channels that you have interest in
Like videos that you have an interest in (and antyhing remotely similar)

YouTube will default to the most random video suggestions if you don't curate what interests you.

this

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My Youtube home page rarely features videos by Black people on it. This doesn't make sense because I specifically look for and subscribe to Black people who make videos on topics that I'm interested in. If I am watching a video by a Black creator, Youtube will show related videos on the side that are from other Black creators, but not on the home page. I can watch a bunch of videos from a specific Black creator and Youtube will never show their videos on the home page, but I can watch one video from other non-Black people and Youtube will not stop recommending their videos. What's worse is when I watch a video that is vaguely "political," and then Youtube starts recommending me videos from right-wing CACs, which I have zero interest in. My subscriptions page looks completely different from the videos that pop up on the home page. I understand that the Youtube algorithm pushes stuff that is popular and Black people in general don't get the popularity that people in other groups get, but it just seems like Youtube would recommend Black channels to me more due to the relatively high number of Black people that I'm subscribed to. :mjpls:
Depends on what you watch. I get stuff like Weaponwheel, Boredatwork, and Uravgconsumer all the time.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
I don't know man, I've had watch history turned off for years on my YouTube and my shyt still has black people on it. shyt they even put videos from 4 or 5 years ago on my front page.