Does the Youtube algorithm have a no nikkas policy?

Daps
My Youtube home page rarely features videos by Black people on it. This doesn't make sense because I specifically look for and subscribe to Black people who make videos on topics that I'm interested in. If I am watching a video by a Black creator, Youtube will show related videos on the side that are from other Black creators, but not on the home page. I can watch a bunch of videos from a specific Black creator and Youtube will never show their videos on the home page, but I can watch one video from other non-Black people and Youtube will not stop recommending their videos. What's worse is when I watch a video that is vaguely "political," and then Youtube starts recommending me videos from right-wing CACs, which I have zero interest in. My subscriptions page looks completely different from the videos that pop up on the home page. I understand that the Youtube algorithm pushes stuff that is popular and Black people in general don't get the popularity that people in other groups get, but it just seems like Youtube would recommend Black channels to me more due to the relatively high number of Black people that I'm subscribed to. :mjpls:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
My Youtube home page rarely features videos by Black people on it. This doesn't make sense because I specifically look for and subscribe to Black people who make videos on topics that I'm interested in. If I am watching a video by a Black creator, Youtube will show related videos on the side that are from other Black creators, but not on the home page. I can watch a bunch of videos from a specific Black creator and Youtube will never show their videos on the home page, but I can watch one video from other non-Black people and Youtube will not stop recommending their videos. What's worse is when I watch a video that is vaguely "political," and then Youtube starts recommending me videos from right-wing CACs, which I have zero interest in. My subscriptions page looks completely different from the videos that pop up on the home page. I understand that the Youtube algorithm pushes stuff that is popular and Black people in general don't get the popularity that people in other groups get, but it just seems like Youtube would recommend Black channels to me more due to the relatively high number of Black people that I'm subscribed to. :mjpls:

Recently I have noticed a few right-wing cac videos are starting to appear in my recommendations. I usually have to select "not interested" on the videos 2-3 time before I don't see them anymore.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
nikkas in here really giving @Responsible Allen Iverson the mjpls treatment?:gucci:

Y'all need yo coli cards revoked
IuKoBL.gif
IuKoBL.gif

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
What type of youtube channels you interested in?

Daps
I don't expect Youtube to only recommend Black content. It's just that if I watch one video from some random person, Youtube will be like "Here's 20 more of their videos!" But if I find a Black Youtuber, subscribe to them, and watch 10 of their videos, Youtube will be like "We might put one of their videos on the home page if you scroll for five minutes."

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
Yes, and theres a heavy alt right bias to the algorithm as well.
Somebody posted a Joe Rogan video on here of him saying something stupid.
I clicked it, and the next time I came on youtube my feed had multiple Fox News and Tucker Carleson videos.
After clicking dont recommend several times and clearing my cookies, I eventually got it to stop.
Thats all it took, clicking one video.

Meanwhile, Ive probably watched over 100 videos from Dead End Hip Hop, and to this day Ive never gotten it high up on my homepage when I log in.
Its either not recommended, or pretty close to the bottom of the page.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk I get black creators on mine. There’s a bunch of black (video/music video) reactors who are on my homepage