Does the south have any alternative hip hop acts?

BronxFleeZ

We here man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gun Hill Forreal
J.I.D . Cole just signed him from atl. I guess you can say earth gang again cause that's who he part of. But yeah nikkas is nice they doing right for the south

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
While I was listening to Below The Heavens I couldn't think of any southern alternative acts other than Outkast or Goodie Mob? They debuted well over 20 years ago. Are there any new artists? The West has had Blu, Kendrick, Ab Soul, and so many others. The mid-west has had Lupe, Kanye, Kid Cudi, and Elzhi. New York has Joey and the pro era camp, I know I didn't mention a lot but this is on the fly. I can't think of any from the South. Cole is from Carolina but I view him as a NY rapper cause of his come up and he always talked about his new York influence. If you know some post them of not why is this?

breh,

go grab

cl-artwork.jpg

and
sddefault.jpg

(oneirology)

That's two 5 mic "alt" rap masterpieces right there

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Tut: Preacher's Son is one of the best rap albums of the last 10 years. Dude from the same squad as Isaiah Rashad from TDE. Both from Chattanooga, TN.

cover.jpg

:francis: I honestly wish they would have signed Tut instead.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Dude this is fire

Yup, I can't remember how I stumbled across Classic.Ghetto.Soul but it was fire, I played that a lot around the time it dropped then I found out Dirty Genes dropped in 08/09 I think. If you need links I could prob find them somewhere and if not I can zip them up myself and get them to you. I've looked every now and then for new albums even trying to hit them up on Facebook but last I heard they were doing shows back in 2011 or so but that's the last I heard.