Does the ps5 have RDNA 2?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
AMD said it does but this supposed sony engineer claims it doesn't.
:jbhmm:

What's going on brehs?

PS5, isn't RDNA 2? Sony Engineer Clarifies his Statements

@PS4 @MeachTheMonster @The Mad Titan
@TheMaster @Rekkapryde @Fatboi1
I've posted this already but long story short, a Sony engineer in a leaked private message was talking about how the ps5 is a hybrid between rdna 1 and 2. Digital foundry when doing the reveal review pointed out how certain rdna2 features were not present, this leak confirms why that is. It flat out will not be able to do some of the things the series x will be doing. Sony only upgraded to the hybrid because they got wind of xbox going the rdna2 route. This gen is not going to play out like ppl think imo, no cap, I legitimately believe Microsoft will pull it off this gen and this threads topic is one of the reasons. Sony gamers might as well wait for the ps5 pro :francis:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I've posted this already but long story short, a Sony engineer in a leaked private message was talking about how the ps5 is a hybrid between rdna 1 and 2. Digital foundry when doing the reveal review pointed out how certain rdna2 features were not present, this leak confirms why that is. It flat out will not be able to do some of the things the series x will be doing. Sony only upgraded to the hybrid because they got wind of xbox going the rdna2 route. This gen is not going to play out like ppl think imo, no cap, I legitimately believe Microsoft will pull it off this gen and this threads topic is one of the reasons. Sony gamers might as well wait for the ps5 pro :francis:
nikkas will have a thread go 10 pages trashing consumer friendly marketing by Microsoft.

Nothing but ghost in here tho

:francis:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yes. The only people pushing this FUD are random xbox fanboys on twitter.

Edit: That was dumb. Both are RDNA2 based unless you believe the system architect is lying as well as Lisa Su.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

screenshot_20200719-0ktk2w.jpg

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DigitalReadyKangaroo-size_restricted.gif

:snooze:

sad we're still addressing the same bullshyt news by hating ass cats with agendas.
The source of the news is from some mumbo jumbo spitting Tweeter who's always spreading some complete nonsense about PS5.

Inevitably ended in the midst of a fierce controversy, the engineer clarified his statements to make people understand exactly how things are. His new messages, which are also private and unfortunately shared on social media, are very interesting:

"RDNA 2 is a commercial theme to simplify the market, otherwise GPUs with completely random features would come out and it would be difficult for the average user to choose," wrote Leonardi.

"For example, support for ray tracing is not present in any AMD GPU currently on the market. (...) The PlayStation 5 GPU is unique, it cannot be classified as RDNA 1, 2, 3 or 4."

"It is based on RDNA 2, but it has more features and, it seems to me, one less. That message turned out badly, I was tired and I shouldn't have written the things I wrote", continued the engineer, complaining that he received insults for his statements.
Same as XsX, they're custom based.

I should make a thread :lupe:

Except I don't care.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s a question that doesn’t mean anything.

RDNA2 really means nothing.

It’s the features that matter, doesn’t matter if they call it RDNA47.

Consoles are custom. PS4 has features that were not found in retail cards at the time it came out and it was also missing some features.

PS5 seems to have all the features that would be found in a retail RDNA2 except a few they still have not confirmed.

The fight over RDNA2 or not is fanboy shyt. As the cards in consoles are and will always be custom.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
The source of the news is from some mumbo jumbo spitting Tweeter who's always spreading some complete nonsense about PS5.

Same as XsX, they're custom based.

I should make a thread :lupe:

Except I don't care.

What was leaked happened after this. And it's been proven that no Sony software show uses certain rdna2 features.

You ignoring this to repeat what you've been told is why nobody who isn't a fanboy takes you seriously. Exactly because of shyt like this, do better :umad:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It’s a question that doesn’t mean anything.

RDNA2 really means nothing.

It’s the features that matter, doesn’t matter if they call it RDNA47.

Consoles are custom. PS4 has features that were not found in retail cards at the time it came out and it was also missing some features.

PS5 seems to have all the features that would be found in a retail RDNA2 except a few they still have not confirmed.

The fight over RDNA2 or not is fanboy shyt. As the cards in consoles are and will always be custom.
You can't bow down to Larry supremacy :ufdup:
I know you had your doubts, but I'll lead us back to the chopper alive :to:

Now here's the deal. The ps5 had its dev kits in the wild almost a year earlier than Microsoft. Microsoft was waiting for AMD to finish rdna2 so it could be used in the series x. It was a chess move that will ultimately be a major factor in why one system can do things the other cannot. Essentially the series x is future proof because it'll receive future rdna2 updates while the ps5 will not. Machine learning for the win, something the dumbass larrystation 5 cannot do but Sony is aware and working on a solution. Tbc...

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Now here's the deal. The ps5 had its dev kits in the wild almost a year earlier than Microsoft. Microsoft was waiting for AMD to finish rdna2 so it could be used in the series x. It was a chess move that will ultimately be a major factor in why one system can do things the other cannot. Essentially the series x is future proof because it'll receive future rdna2 updates while the ps5 will not. Machine learning for the win, something the dumbass larrystation 5 cannot do but Sony is aware and working on a solution. Tbc...
Do you get off on just completely making stuff up? Every post you make is out of touch with reality.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Again the distinction between RDNA1 or 2 doesn’t mean anything.

What matters is what features are actually included on the hardware.

We don’t have a full picture on that yet but it does seem XSX will have a bit more advanced features than PS5