Does anyone still care about the supposed Avatar sequels? .

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Nope.

I have a feeling most people don't either.

I'm never going to underestimate James Cameron and his ability to pull a crowd, but especially in a post-covid world, I'm skeptical that he'll beat the Endgame numbers at the box-office with an IP that has never seemed to have much of a fan base.

I think the first movie did so well because of Cameron's name-value, and the fact that it was billed to be this must-see spectacle with 3D technology coming back. If Cameron has a new technology for this, it'll help. But this is a sequel to an almost 15 year old property that most people thought was just a decent movie. And I actually think it will be an enjoyable movie. James Cameron just wins. That's what he does. It won't be trash. I can't say I'm excited for it though.

Does anyone even remember the names of any characters? Most people just remember the name of the planet and the tribe, if anything.

It's definitely not going to flop, but I don't think it's going to be as big as Cameron or the studio hopes it'll be.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Dudes still doubting James Cameron I see.
I don't see too many people doubting him. Any success it has will be solely because of him. I think the movie will do fine, but do I think it'll beat Endgame (which is probably what Cameron would like to see) ? I don't think so. I think there are too many things going against it. I think the movie will be a good movie, and I'm sure it'll be jaw-dropping spectacle. But I don't see how anyone can be surprised that people might not be super excited about an almost 15-year old property that did well more-so on the tech involved than the story or characters themselves.

Also, the theater industry is tanking. These movies will drop in a post-pandemic society. The studio and Cameron should probably lower their expectations of how this movie will perform financially.

its James Cameron, the dude always elevates the movie game technology wise with every movie he does
Also, the movie-going experience is going to change a lot after the coronavirus. A lot less people are going to go to the theaters, at least for a couple of years IMO.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yes... this new thing to hate on the film recently is hilarious.. disney dikk eaters working overtime
I mean that’s cool to know. I hope avatar does well. As a kid, James Cameron was my inspiration for wanting to be a director when I grew up.

Im far from a Disney Stan. I kind of hate them and their monopoly on the industry.

I’m just honestly surprised that avatar has a strong fan base after so long, and when the movie was largely sold on 3D tech
:manny:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’m sure they don’t realistically expect the next game to do Endgame numbers. After all this time why would it? If makes a decent enough profit for them so that they can churn out more sequels, then I’m sure that they’d be cool with it.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I would be highly surprised if this did anywhere near the numbers that the first one did. Never can count out Cameron though and whatever different type of visuals he could bring to the table.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
People forget Cameron waited years to drop the first one, until the technology was invented to actually realize his vision. He’s been doing the same thing with these sequels.

Avatar had a basic plot, but it was executed well. And this movie was praised on SOHH since the Navi were all played by black actors.

times have changed and #marvelset came thru and set the world on fire. But Avatar will will make bank (Covid-19 barring)

Avatar was also a world wide phenomenon so just because Americans don’t care, other countries will support.