Does Anyone Remember A Show Called "Round House"?

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
It use to come on snick in the early 90s.

It was like all that before all that?

If you watch the video it's crazy how more edgier their content was.

I've been watching shyt like this on YouTube all morning:

The commercials are just :mindblown: :ohhh:

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Yes,
I use I watch it when it originally aired,
It wa a decent show for its time,
Always underlooked.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
I dont remember this Roundhouse show at all (prolly a lil too young), but I do remember 'Snick", which was MTV's attempt to cut into the MTV teenage demo. I think the Snick shows flopped, so they went back to refocusing exclusively on adolescents and younger.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I dont remember this Roundhouse show at all (prolly a lil too young), but I do remember 'Snick", which was MTV's attempt to cut into the MTV teenage demo. I think the Snick shows flopped, so they went back to refocusing exclusively on adolescents and younger.
Snick didn't flop. :what:

No_bammer_weed

Daps
Snick didn't flop. :what:

Yeah it did. Initially, 'Snick' was an attempt to expand their audience to an older crowd, and cut into the MTV market. That approach flopped, and they went back to focusing on their established demo, which Snick programming became a reflection of. What 'Snick' shows became popular? 'Are you afraid of the dark', maybe.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
once i heard the first 10 seconds of the theme song :ohhh: crazy how the brain works, i forgot all about this show

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Yeah it did. Initially, 'Snick' was an attempt to expand their audience to an older crowd, and cut into the MTV market. That approach flopped, and they went back to focusing on their established demo, which Snick programming became a reflection of. What 'Snick' shows became popular? 'Are you afraid of the dark', maybe.
:what:

MTV and Nickelodeon are owned by the same company.

Plenty of SNICK shows were popular and launched careers that are still going strong today.

Clarissa Explains it All, Ren and Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, All That, Keenan and Kel, Cousin Skeeter... the list goes on.

Bro, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
It wasn't a flop,
But it did first try to attempt to reach the teenagers of the early 90's,
With shows such as ren and stimpy, are you afraid of the dark, hey dude, salute your shorts, Pete and pete, clarissa explains it all and of course round house,
All originally caters to teenagers and above, eventually younger kids still watched it, thus making more snick shows suited for kids rather than teenagers, rugrats, Doug, ahh real monsters and etc, I stopped watching nickelodeon around 96-97,
All that was barely decent in the first two seasons, but became wack and cheesy, I hated angry beavers, also the wild thronberrys and etc,
I guess if you were in the double digits in the 90's, nick/snick in its prime was 90-96, I also hated how rugeats got all technicolor on a brother, when dill came, they changed the animation of the show, they added to many colors, the sky should not have been 3 colors, I felt like I was on an acid trip, I liked the loose drawing approach the first few seasons rugeats had, I like to see the faults, that's hard work to me as an artist.

No_bammer_weed

Daps
:what:

MTV and Nickelodeon are owned by the same company.

Plenty of SNICK shows were popular and launched careers that are still going strong today.

Clarissa Explains it All, Ren and Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, All That, Keenan and Kel, Cousin Skeeter... the list goes on.

Bro, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

you dont know what you're talking about. Nick and MTV are under the same viacom umbrella NOW, but they werent in the 90s. Same with BET and MTV. They were all competitors, until the viacom conglomerate purchased them and made them sister networks. This happened in the 2000s

As far as Snick goes....yes and no. If you notice, Roundhouse was an attempt to go after an older market....hence why there was material of a sexually explicit nature (the sex ed skit). That attempt to grab that market share failed, so they went back to focusing on their adolescent and under demographic. Did you watch Keenan n kel, all that, clarissa explains, etc? Those shows did not deal with sexually focused material of an adult nature. Those shows were geared towards the demo they already had, which is why they floated between the SNICK block of programming, and regular day time programming. Snick just became an extension of what they were already showing. A show like Roundhouse, with its older cast and adult themes, would have never been shown during the day. Im trying to say that the original concept of snick failed.

Last edited: