Does anyone else roll their eyes when they see Souls-like on a game description?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I have to be honest, I love souls like clones:snoop:

The Surge is one of my favorite games:snoop:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Im the opposite. Older I get, less I like extensive cut scenes (unless the story is extraordinary). Souls like games tend to have meaty combat, crazy bosses, exploration, and upgrade systems that I’m looking for.

I’m the same with metroidvania games. They generally have what I’m looking for.

:manny:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I prefer souls like games if done right. Best example is Nioh series

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
They've never been fun for me. Seem like the enjoyment and accomplishment one gets is from overcoming some janky game mechanics :yeshrug: . Thing that tends to piss me off the most is the enemy attacks homing in on you after initiation and way after you've taken evasion action. Also those area filling attacks that feel like they're only in as a fukk you too the player. Then the needlessly oversized bosses that are 50 times the player size and it's like a toddler pulling up on Shaq giving Yao Ming a piggy back ride. I just can't muster up the motivation to battle through the frustration. The brief moment of satisfaction after killing a boss just doesn't keep me going enough to do that shyt again for another 20, 30 or however many hours. I wanted to be interested in Wo Long. I got as far as that second boss and said...
77OH.gif