Does anyone else hate the look of digital cameras and miss the look of film.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I hate da look of certain digital cameras. I dunno what its called or what's the diff but I can clearly see the difference.

Example, watch any prime time tv show and then watch one of those Tyler Perry studio TV shows in bet. The look of the Tyler Perry ones always seem off. Like over enhanced, or too bright. I dunno what its called but in sure every1 has noticed it with some of those new bet shows
Its the lighting not the digital camera
You would still hate the look if it was on film

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps

had to watch that to understand what you're talking about, I'm more of an anime guy than a live action. I guess I can see what you're referring to. It's kind of like the photorealistic vs stylized art debate. From what I saw film looks more distinguished from reality, like an alternate world or art form, whereas digital feels like something you could go outside and see.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
It's about art direction. Starting in 2017 a lot of film makers have been using a lo fi aesthetic that makes the footage look like it was shot on film:

No time to die was shot in a similar way too.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
The shift in the tech isn't to make anything look "better", it's to facilitate efficiency in post-processing. What you're nostalgic for is the sense of seeing through the imperfections of the human eye, and advancements in HD-everything takes away from that.