Does 2chainz bein the new prominent rapper out signify the end of lyricism in hiphop?

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
I mean honestly, what happened to a dope mc thats able to spit metaphors, similes and complicated rhyme schemes being the hot mc out? Is hip hop just plain desperate now as to that anyone with a lil "swag" and a couple of hot punchlines is the hottest rapper in the streets, or is lyricism just an art form that is just plain dead, and what do you think it takes to ressurect it? :comeon:

Coach Gully

Much Respect
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey Management
:childplease: Thats a reach

2chainz is just one rapper and he's hot right now, like its been said time and time again he's the Gucci of 2009 - 2011.

Let him enjoy his shine

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 Chainz doesn't signify a damn thing other than being the latest flavor of the month. Truth be told, him and French Montana both are 2 rappers that have me feeling like I need Ginkgo Biloba because every time a song with them on it ends I remember NOTHING they've said. Sometimes my mind trails off and I forget they were even on the song to begin with. Which is crazy if they're the only fukking ones on it. But yeah, he's just another Gucci type. I highly doubt he'll be around for long.

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
Yeah, you might be right. 2 Chainz is the only hot rapper to ever not be lyrical.

Angry!

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
preem was stirring up shyt riding drakes dikk... saying he brought back lyricism in hip hop earlier last year...

a kid actor... who may or may not write his own shyt.... brought lyricism back to the game...

if you read between the lines...

"BIG SHUG CANT PAY ME FOR BEATS ANYMORE, SO I LOVE DRAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

very sad....

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I don't think lyricism is dead in rap music. There's a lot of great rappers still doing it. But urban radio is definitely devoid of lyricism. Probably at it's lowest point ever right now. That's why I respect someone like Nas dropping songs like "Nasty" and "The Don" as singles in this climate.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
2chainz album will flop? can someone confirm.

i can feel someone even more wack being at the top next year, hopfully not though, hiphop got some good up n comers from LA/NY, lets see if they get some shine

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
2chainz bars aren't bad I don't believe....:manny:. Haven't paid that much attention but it's not like he's wacka status huh?

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
I know this topic has been done, but its a topic that needs to be addressed. Wayne was the hottest rapper out for awhile, but i was ok with that because he was also the most lyrical from a mainstream perspective, but 2chainz being handed the torch makes me feel like maybe people dont want 2 hear intricate lyrics anymore, or perhaps maybe every rapper deserves a chance 2 shine no matter how lyrical they are. Am i just being a hip hop elitist???

Coach Gully

Much Respect
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey Management
I know this topic has been done, but its a topic that needs to be addressed. Wayne was the hottest rapper out for awhile, but i was ok with that because he was also the most lyrical from a mainstream perspective, but 2chainz being handed the torch makes me feel like maybe people dont want 2 hear intricate lyrics anymore, or perhaps maybe ever rapper deserves a chance 2 shine no matter how lyrical they are. Am i just being a hip hop elitist???

I wouldn't say 2chainz is the hottest rapper out right now, that would go to Rick Ross. 2chainz is mostly put on feature after feature after feature and he's in the public eye so from a music stand point yeah he's hot. Its not even about being an elitist or anything like that, but right now he's making good club banging music and thats "whats in" right now thats whats been in for years now and thats what people want. But theres always gonna to be a place for "real" lyrical rap in the mainstream no matter what.

Have you been listening to Nas lately?