Do you tip the furniture delivery guys?

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
If that the case, then we should be tipping the logistic warehouse workers for FedEx and UPS for helping moving our heavy furniture, TV's, all other shyt on and off trucks that is delivered to us.:rudy:

I worked at FedEx and it didn't pay that much. Also, we worked harder no stop for about 5 hours straight.

I worked at UPS (y'all know they hiring :mjpls:) and I assume it's the same work you did at FedEx, and, nah, y'all didn't work harder.

And a lot of people tip the people that deliver to them. Nobody's tipping anyone in the warehouse because people only tip those who do an in-your-face service for them.

And anyway I'm not arguing that delivery guys (or anyone for that matter) SHOULD be tipped. I'm just arguing against the notion that they shouldn't be tipped because they get paid an hourly wage unlike waitresses, as though waiting tables is a tough job.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
No I wont be tipping them and I have two deliveries coming next week from two diffrent furniture companies. They both charged me 100 bucks for delievery. I bought sofas and chairs from one place and a whole bedroom from another.

One of the places is not even a mile from my crib. No stairs getting into my house either.

Tip them for what, its their job. They are not doing anything EXTRA. They are paid to unpack it, set it up and place it where you want. Thats what you pay for.

I am a very generous tipper when I go out. I always tip at least 15% even if the service is mediocre. Ive only not tipped a few times in my life.

Also i tipped the cable guy when he came and set my shyt up cuz he was doing mad extras and cool as shyt when he was working all my shyt out.

I paid for delievery and setup, its an extra, seperate charge. Why would you tip them? Its their one and only job. :heh:

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
10 bucks each is fine.

i ended up tipping 10 bucks each for 2 guys but the one guy went out to the truck when i was finalizing and i handed the one guy 2 10's and im sure he pocketed both but oh well he was head in charge.

when i signed for the furniture he kind of acted like he expected it. overall im glad i tipped they got it in here no problem

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
No I wont be tipping them and I have two deliveries coming next week from two diffrent furniture companies. They both charged me 100 bucks for delievery. I bought sofas and chairs from one place and a whole bedroom from another.

One of the places is not even a mile from my crib. No stairs getting into my house either.

Tip them for what, its their job. They are not doing anything EXTRA. They are paid to unpack it, set it up and place it where you want. Thats what you pay for.

I am a very generous tipper when I go out. I always tip at least 15% even if the service is mediocre. Ive only not tipped a few times in my life.

Also i tipped the cable guy when he came and set my shyt up cuz he was doing mad extras and cool as shyt when he was working all my shyt out.

I paid for delievery and setup, its an extra, seperate charge. Why would you tip them? Its their one and only job. :heh:

Delivery workers don't get paid based off the delivery charge, just so you know. They usually get paid per stop.

Anyway, I feel you if you don't have the dough to break them off after paying the delivery charge, but IMO these guys deserve a tip more than some bum ass waiter who doesn't really do shyt.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Delivery workers don't get paid based off the delivery charge, just so you know. They usually get paid per stop.

Anyway, I feel you if you don't have the dough to break them off after paying the delivery charge, but IMO these guys deserve a tip more than some bum ass waiter who doesn't really do shyt.

Most delievery places pay by the hour. Dunno wtf you are saying, I had one of my deliveries come in yesterday morning. I chatted with them, offerd em drinks and chilled with em while they set it up. One of my pieces was damaged when they opened it.

I said damn that sucks, yall gonna have to carry that back outta here :mjpls:

Dude was like no worries breh, we get paid by the hour, i dont care how long it takes to finish one stop .:myman:

Also, the dough to tip them after delievery?. I dont know you at all but i can say with confidence I know i got more stacks than you and prolly your pops.

But thats not the issuse, They get paid by the company that i paid to deliever my shyt from. 99$ to bring this shyt and set it up. They dont buy their own gas or no shyt like that either. So dont try and compare it to pizza guys.

What if having a waiter was optional when you went out to eat. What if they said ya you can buy the food and go to the kitchen and grab it and get your own drinks. What if they said but we also offer waiters to do that for you for a few extra bucks. If I paid for the food and then the waiter service......

Why the fukk would I tip them if i all ready paid for the service seperate.

Cats like you are the reason the "no tip movement" is growing. Everyone wants a tip just for doing their god damn job. I paid you for a service. Do it, Stop expecting tips for doing what you were paid to do.
As I said, I tip very well when the situation is called for. Every situation does not require a tip. Do your job well and if someone likes it they will tip you maybe. Im tired of all this "i did my job exactly to the bare minimum and with no extra effort to satisfy your needs as a customer, can I have tip"?

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Most delievery places pay by the hour. Dunno wtf you are saying, I had one of my deliveries come in yesterday morning. I chatted with them, offerd em drinks and chilled with em while they set it up. One of my pieces was damaged when they opened it.

I said damn that sucks, yall gonna have to carry that back outta here :mjpls:

Dude was like no worries breh, we get paid by the hour, i dont care how long it takes to finish one stop .:myman:

Also, the dough to tip them after delievery?. I dont know you at all but i can say with confidence I know i got more stacks than you and prolly your pops.

But thats not the issuse, They get paid by the company that i paid to deliever my shyt from. 99$ to bring this shyt and set it up. They dont buy their own gas or no shyt like that either. So dont try and compare it to pizza guys.

What if having a waiter was optional when you went out to eat. What if they said ya you can buy the food and go to the kitchen and grab it and get your own drinks. What if they said but we also offer waiters to do that for you for a few extra bucks. If I paid for the food and then the waiter service......

Why the fukk would I tip them if i all ready paid for the service seperate.

Cats like you are the reason the "no tip movement" is growing. Everyone wants a tip just for doing their god damn job. I paid you for a service. Do it, Stop expecting tips for doing what you were paid to do.
As I said, I tip very well when the situation is called for. Every situation does not require a tip. Do your job well and if someone likes it they will tip you maybe. Im tired of all this "i did my job exactly to the bare minimum and with no extra effort to satisfy your needs as a customer, can I have tip"?

What the fukk is up with the aggressive tone of this post? I wasn't even going at you. You got more "stacks" than me? :childplease: uh, no you don't if breaking off two delivery dudes 10 a piece is a problem for you. Funny cause, I wasn't even trying to imply that you were broke, but the way you got all defensive and excited pretty much assures me that you are :heh:

and I aint even on that always tip no matter what shyt, I tip when I feel like it and if I feel like the service deserved it - the way it should be.

little4209

All Star
Daps
I bought a living social detail deal for $75...I had an appointment for noon they didnt show up until 5pm, due to some miscommunication :pacspit: I still tipped the 2 guys $5 each, even though I reallly didn't want to

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
paying a nikka extra to do his job

V0ntBNU_zpsf9d7e848.png

i only tip my barber

and thats cause he put me at priority in the shop

other than that fukk all that tippin shyt

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
10 each.......20 if I didnt toss out the furniture I am replacing, and I want them to get rid of it for me