Do you tip the furniture delivery guys?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
I just bought a new sofa for my apartment and I'm having it delivered. Delivery fee is $70 and its coming from the next city over which isnt really far.

I never had furniture delivered before and I'm thinking like $10 each for tip should be cool right or am I a fool for even thinking about tipping? They will have to carry it up half a flight of stairs and a little down the hallway.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe only if the delivery is free.

But if I'm paying for the delivery then HELL NO:rudy:

Them nikkaz getting regular pay checks. These nikkaz ain't making waitress pay.:childplease:

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
i was thinking $20 at first but then i thought it was too much so i said 10. Im gonna do $20 each.

:ehh: Not bad. Considering they they have to drive there, carry the furniture up the steps, and place it where you want it...That's not bad.

They'll remember your generosity if they ever have to deliver for you again.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]

Them nikkaz getting regular pay checks. These nikkaz ain't making waitress pay.:childplease:

like this man said, they already charged me $70 for a delivery charge. they can kiss my ass if they think they getting anymore from me. and they better not fukk up my couch either :aicmon:

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
:ehh: Not bad. Considering they they have to drive there, carry the furniture up the steps, and place it where you want it...That's not bad.

They'll remember your generosity if they ever have to deliver for you again.

:rudy: $20 each? That's crazy. They get PAID to drive there, carry furniture and place it where you want. There's already an additional $70 fee for that too. $10 each is plenty. You add $20 and you just turned a regular ass job into a salaried career.

And this is coming from a pretty big tipper (20-25% at restaurants).

OP... don't do it. :ufdup:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I'd tell him to be careful of pulling a muscle from all the heavy-lifting :skip:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps

Yeah, and they ain't doing easy ass waitress work either.

I used to work as a mover. Those tips are EARNED, homey. And I'm one of the biggest proponents of the Anti-Tipping Brigade (even though I do tip well, even though I'm against the whole notion of HAVING to tip so that employers don't have to pay).

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
:rudy: $20 each? That's crazy. They get PAID to drive there, carry furniture and place it where you want. There's already an additional $70 fee for that too. $10 each is plenty. You add $20 and you just turned a regular ass job into a salaried career.

And this is coming from a pretty big tipper (20-25% at restaurants).

OP... don't do it. :ufdup:

:yeshrug: fine...10 bucks and a bottle of water.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, and they ain't doing easy ass waitress work either.

I used to work as a mover. Those tips are EARNED, homey. And I'm one of the biggest proponents of the Anti-Tipping Brigade (even though I do tip well, even though I'm against the whole notion of HAVING to tip so that employers don't have to pay).

If that the case, then we should be tipping the logistic warehouse workers for FedEx and UPS for helping moving our heavy furniture, TV's, all other shyt on and off trucks that is delivered to us.:rudy:

I worked at FedEx and it didn't pay that much. Also, we worked harder no stop for about 5 hours straight.