Do you think you’ll ever complete your entire gaming backlog before you die?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Backlog is absolutely massive and having a full time job (not now but very soon) I don’t expect I’ll have the freedom to ever complete them until I’m retired and can play them all every day
Almost every major system that has been released has tons of games I haven’t played that I want to play… from
Ps1
PS2
PSP
DS
GAMEBOY
GameCube
SNES
N64
Xbox 360
PS4
Dreamcast

I can think of at least a minimum 10 games on each system that I never played and want to play and that’s not even mentioning those that I played, really enjoyed them but it’s been so long I’ve forgotten everything and want to play them again. I simply do not have the time anymore and o don’t think I ever will until my retirement in my 60s:mjcry:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
No

seriously no

I have 600+ games spread across Xbox consoles, 200 spread across PlayStation and then about a good 200 and change with all the retro consoles I collect. And then we get another new set of 30ish games to play every year to add to the list of games needing to play

At this point my backlog is more about collecting purposes

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Hell naw, shyt is virtually impossible when you think about it. Muthafuka gotta hit the lottery for an absurd amount of money to even have the time to even attempt it.

shyt just spread between PS3, PS4, and PS5 I already have a backlog of at least 50 games and I know I'm not going to finish 10 of them.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I dedicated all my time to completing it and did nothing else? Yeah. I don't have that much of a backlog of games. It's just the games itself are long.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Yes, cause as I got older my interest in video games became more focused/linear. Ive lost interest in Shooters, Sport games and narritive-sim games. I never liked party games, turn based games or strategy games.

I learned I have a penchant for violence. If it aint a fighting game, action-rpg, open-world action-adventure, hack-n-slash or beat'em up then I'm cool on it. :yeshrug:

Also if I start a game I usually play it until I get all the achievements/ trophies. I dont hop around on games too much.

Lastly, I dont hoard games and lose interest once I complete them unless the multiplayer aspect is lit (Monster Hunter, Anthem), the endgame is thoro (OutRiders) or they add some dope DLC (SOR4).

My current backlog is:
  • Torchlight 3 (XBox)
  • Blightbound (Xbox)
  • Trials Of Mana (PS4)
  • Neptunia X Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars (PS4)

Currently having hella fun with Forbidden West, next game Ima dive in after that is Stranger Of Paradise and then Wonderlands after that.

Last edited:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Nah.

9 times out of 10 when I have time to play my PS5 I boot up Genshin Impact.

9 times out of 10 when I have time to play my Switch I boot up Pokemon.

9 times out of 10 when I have time to play my Xbox I boot up Forza Horizon

9 times out of 10 when I have time to play on my work laptop I boot up modded Fallout New Vegas.

Ain’t got time for all these games but I still keeping buying new ones. First world problems :mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don’t have a backlog. If i put a game down im most likely done with it. Theres a rare occasion where I’ll pick up and play a game again if it gets a significant update or something but i don’t delude myself into having a checklist of games im burdened to play one day.

I also don’t typically buy brand new games and not play them. That never made sense to me, only time that happens is if a game releases on ps plus or something.

• Dap
Reactions: tgu

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Yes, cause as I got older my interest in video games became more focused/linear. Ive lost interest in Shooters, Sport games and narritive-sim games. I never liked party games, turn based games or strategy games.

I learned I have a penchant for violence. If it aint a fighting game, action-rpg, open-world action-adventure, hack-n-slash or beat'em up then I'm cool on it. :yeshrug:

Also if I start a game I usually play it until I get all the achievements/ trophies. I dont hop around on games too much.

Lastly, I dont hoard games and lose interest once I complete them unless the multiplayer aspect is lit (Monster Hunter, Anthem), the endgame is thoro (OutRiders) or they add some dope DLC (SOR4).

My current backlog is:
  • Torchlight 3 (XBox)
  • Blightbound (Xbox)
  • Trials Of Mana (PS4)
  • Neptunia X Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars (PS4)

Currently having hella fun with Forbidden West, next game Ima dive in after that is Stranger Of Paradise and then Wonderlands after that.
This is true but it’s also why I have a backlog, I keep letting the hype get the best of me and have me buying shyt because it’s supposed to change gaming forever (Elden Rings) even though I’m not into souls games. I didn’t actually buy it but I was very close.

As soon as I realize I only really like RPG games that lets me create me, I can stop falling for the hype. I legit have enough games to hold me over until ‘23 but I keep allowing myself to get excited about new shyt.
I need help
I don’t have a backlog. If i put a game down im most likely done with it. Theres a rare occasion where I’ll pick up and play a game again if it gets a significant update or something but i don’t delude myself into having a checklist of games im burdened to play one day.

I also don’t typically buy brand new games and not play them. That never made sense to me, only time that happens is if a game releases on ps plus or something.

Your right it doesn’t make sense……

….
So why do I keep doing it?
:sadcam:
I ought GT7, Horizon west and WWE2k this month and I never even finished forza, ME LE or the first damn horizon game. Not to mention I have ghosts of tshima and final fantasy seven remake dlc I never touched. I promise I’m not buying another game until like November lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is true but it’s also why I have a backlog, I keep letting the hype get the best of me and have me buying shyt because it’s supposed to change gaming forever (Elden Rings) even though I’m not into souls games. I didn’t actually buy it but I was very close.

As soon as I realize I only really like RPG games that lets me create me, I can stop falling for the hype. I legit have enough games to hold me over until ‘23 but I keep allowing myself to get excited about new shyt.
I need help

Your right it doesn’t make sense……

….
So why do I keep doing it?
:sadcam:
I ought GT7, Horizon west and WWE2k this month and I never even finished forza, ME LE or the first damn horizon game. Not to mention I have ghosts of tshima and final fantasy seven remake dlc I never touched. I promise I’m not buying another game until like November lol

Yeah, by the time you actually get around to play a lot of those games they are being given out for free damn near.

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
No

seriously no

I have 600+ games spread across Xbox consoles, 200 spread across PlayStation and then about a good 200 and change with all the retro consoles I collect. And then we get another new set of 30ish games to play every year to add to the list of games needing to play

At this point my backlog is more about collecting purposes
:wow: and here I was thinking my 119 Xbox games were a lot

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Backlogs are like a self-inflicted issue. Not even streamers, content creators, or gaming journalists can fully play every big game that comes out, there’s just too many games. I don’t buy a game unless I’m playing it that day.

There are games that I’d like to play eventually but I don’t consider those my “backlog” until I actually purchase or download the game.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
For me it's more about not being able to do multiple playthroughs of a single game

Ff7remake for example I still haven't finished hard mode and completing the chapters

Or elden ring I know I would want to try another build after I beat it

I can manage the backlog good enough but I'm just moving game to game right now