Do you think you will still be gaming into older age?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Say like 50+?

I always say so and so generation is my last, but games just keep getting more and more fire. It’s like a drug, you constantly wanna get that feeling again of see new graphics and experiences.

I honestly prefer gaming to watching tv/movies. Something about having the combination of interactivity with a strong narrative and now choice just makes it far more engaging. I find myself just kind of multi-tasking and zoning out a lot while watching movies these days. I also feel like it’s different cause we’re the first generation that really grew up with mature games so I feel like the industry is kind of growing with us as the developers are now our age.

I might be 70 still waiting on Elden ring to drop

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Probably not as much as now. But as long as it is fun I don't see why not.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
I wasn’t really a hardcore gamer like that but I might’ve been like 31 when gaming became rare for me. I didn’t put myself on a clock or anything, I just had an old 360 and my peeps upgraded. Then I started taking the gym more seriously

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
yep...no fronting about it...I’m 46 and just as ecstatic about gaming as I’ve ever been...looking at the gaming community—from devs to reviewers to professional gamers to youtubers—the shyt is clearly not just for kids

Jeezus! You about the oldest mofo in here, lol. I'm 39 and thought I was older than you and that you were like 26 tbh, lol.

And I agree with all that. I'll be gaming till I'm on my deathbed, with a controller in hand, if I can help it. Even if gaming at some point totally moves into a lane that I'm just 100% against (don't really know of any situations that could be right now tbh), I'd still game, as I'd just finally clear the generations long backlogs that I missed out on or didn't finish. As far as gaming evolving tho, I feel like I'm one of the few gamers that doesn't incessantly bytch at every single thing about gaming or have some overblown expectations of every game, generation, etc. that comes along as it grows. Nor do I over-exaggerate and fellate the previous gaming years with nolstagia tinted glasses either. Gamers are some of the most entitled, whiny bytches sometimes (shyt a lot of the times). Just keep it fun, functional, eye appeasing and interesting is all I need. That's why I feel that I would game forever, seeing as I'm pretty easy to please in the context of gaming (and in life, really).

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The only thing stopping me from gaming is work or scheduling constraints:sadcam:

In life I’ve had many different passions/interests but as I get older, I’ve realized at the end of the day, you make time for the things you care about the most :manny:

I’ve always been a gamer and never slowed down, that passion is forever:wow: