Do you think Will Smith will ever make "The Last Pharoah"?

Do you think Will Smith will ever make "The Last Pharoah"?

• Total voters

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's 2015 and I'm 99.9% sure it ain't NEVER gonna happen. Will would rather do wack ass movies with white girls than create sum #BlackExcellence on the Big screen

But after doin sum thinking I don't want Will to even be involved. Becuz just like on "Ali" Will's dumbass would pick a white director who would fukk it up. We all know that Will makes incredibly dumb decisions

King Taharqa you'll get ur epic movie one day bruh. They can't stop #BlackExcellence forever :mjcry:

nubianm25dynastykingtaharka712bc.jpg

black-pharoah-2.jpg

He can get Steve McQueen as a director :manny:. I'm sure he can get anybody to fund it like Brad Pitt did with 12 Years A Slave, etc. Like you said, it's Will Smith's dumbass decision. Seriously, f*ck Will Smith.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
He can get Steve McQueen as a director :manny:. I'm sure he can get anybody to fund it like Brad Pitt did with 12 Years A Slave, etc. Like you said, it's Will Smith's dumbass decision. Seriously, f*ck Will Smith.
Will would choose a white director over McQueen

I have no faith that he would actually make the right decision

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Back in 2008-09 when they were talking about doing this I was SO hype! Will's one of my favorite actors and reading about him wanting to star and produce through Overbrook let me know he was serious about making this a good movie. I imagined an epic tale of nobility and triumph full to the brim with Mystery, action, intrigue, and black excellence.....

This why I don't begrudge him one goddamn iota for After Earth. He put all his star power into an original movie (written and produced all black) starring his son in a movie that explored the themes of black father-son relarionships in a setting that set a black male as the Alpha hero and it was absolutely shyt ON!! The black community, whom supported every stereotypical, c00ning, TRASH of a Tyler Perry film abandoned one of our biggest stars at a point when he put his career on the line to showcase black excellence in a Scifi setting. Muthafukkas still have the nerve to suggest he should've been in Quinton Cacintino's slave fantasy movie :camby:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will would choose a white director McQueen

I have no faith that he would actually make the right decision

It seems to me that he doesn't want to work with the great directors, turned down on Quentin Tarantino, didn't want Spike Lee to direct Ali, etc. I bet if Martin Scorsese wants Will Smith to be on his film and Will Smith would turn that shyt down cause he wanna do whack ass other films, etc.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
Back in 2008-09 when they were talking about doing this I was SO hype! Will's one of my favorite actors and reading about him wanting to star and produce through Overbrook let me know he was serious about making this a good movie. I imagined an epic tale of nobility and triumph full to the brim with Mystery, action, intrigue, and black excellence.....

This why I don't begrudge him one goddamn iota for After Earth. He put all his star power into an original movie (written and produced all black) starring his son in a movie that explored the themes of black father-son relarionships in a setting that set a black male as the Alpha hero and it was absolutely shyt ON!! The black community, whom supported every stereotypical, c00ning, TRASH of a Tyler Perry film abandoned one of our biggest stars at a point when he put his career on the line to showcase black excellence in a Scifi setting. Muthafukkas still have the nerve to suggest he should've been in Quinton Cacintino's slave fantasy movie :camby:

Cmon man stop. It was a great idead for a black sci-fi flick but once again Will's dumb ass fukked it up. He thought it would be a great idea to have M. Night Shakalaka direct the film. The shyt was not a good movie. I heard from someone that M. Night was just a scapegoat and it was all Will

Will coulda made "The Last Pharoah" but he's stuck on stupid. He coulda done the Matrix but he's stuck on stupid and thought Wild Wild West was just a can't miss role :mjlol:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

breh stop with these shenanigans :mjlol:After Earth was not all black written and produced, it was not original, and it was a mess. That's what happens when scientologists make movies

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
breh stop with these shenanigans :mjlol:After Earth was not all black written and produced, it was not original, and it was a mess. That's what happens when scientologists make movies
Yep it wasn't original. People need to know that there are 7 basic plots:

Overcoming the Monster
Rags to Riches
The Quest
Voyage and Return
Comedy
Tragedy
Rebirth

After Earth was a combo of Overcoming the Monster, The Quest, and Voyage and return

Overcoming the Monster
The protagonist sets out to defeat an antagonistic force which threatens the protagonist and/or protagonist's homeland.

The Quest
The protagonist and some companions set out to acquire an important object or to get to a location, facing many obstacles and temptations along the way.

Voyage and Return
The protagonist goes to a strange land and, after overcoming the threats it poses to him/her, returns with nothing but experience

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Will Smith wrote the story and produced through HIS production company Overbrook. It was an all original movie not based on any prior intellectual Property

Of course it had all the trappings of the Hero's Journey that's notwhat I was reffering too