Do You Think The N Word Will Ever Be Meaningless?

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Answer my question...

Why are we always the one's that need to "get over" something? No other race has been told to "get over" things that have happened to them.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Answer my question...

Why are we always the one's that need to "get over" something? No other race has been told to "get over" things that have happened to them.

Let's dial it down the the personal level, and work our way back up.

We have all been through traumatic events in our lives, these are things are apart of us, we can't delete them from our minds...the only thing we can really do with that energy is to convert it, to transmute it. You can't get out of victim consciousness/mentality until you stop identifying with the same.

The problem is, when your pain becomes who you are, and you identify with it so strongly you will go out of your way to maintain who you THINK AND FEEL you are even if it's to your detriment. Unless you have a clear vision of who you really are, or who you would rather be in place of what you feel you are now, you will go above and beyond to preserve that self image.

Dial that example back up for the "black" population...our identify in this country is one of survival, it was logical and appropriate to celebrate our resiliency but as a "survivor" of a lot of rough shyt on a PERSONAL level, identifying as a survivor leads you to live your life in survival mode. We as a people are going to have to figure out where we want to go from here...

Until there is a clear vision of what comes after we "get over it" we never will....it feels much safer to go with what is familiar even if it's to our detriment.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Why should we get over the past? That's our history. Never forget where you came from. As soon as you do,you'll let your guard down and stop fighting for what's right.
But so many blacks have forgotten about African Culture and look at Africa as backwards, ugly, stupid.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But so many blacks have forgotten about African Culture and look at Africa as backwards, ugly, stupid.
:dwillhuh:

Dont matter if I forgot my first name tomorrow, disrespect is disrespect. This word is just like every other word, the meaning comes from the intent.

Ironic you used that example though since the ppl who want us to forget about it are the main reason that "so many blacks have forgotten about African Culture and look at Africa as backwards, ugly, stupid."

Last edited:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
If America lasts, I would say several centuries down the line it may.

In the Arabian Empire, back in the Middle Ages, it was highly offensive to refer to someone as a Turk. Fast forward a few hundred years, you got the country of Turkey. The Ottoman Turks took that shyt over, and reversed the meaning of the word. Anything can happen :yeshrug:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind

Once you know about our history it's hard to forget it. For the c00ns that did forget it and for those that were originally unaware,we have to remind/ introduce them. And for those that refuse to listen,this ugly world we live in will remind them. Racism is still alive and they will figure out why we are still being treated differently. Running from the problem and trying to suppress it isn't the answer. Trying to figure out some solutions is. It's not gonna go away overnight but we have to keep trying to make progress in order to put our people in a better position to succeed in life. And we shouldn't stop till we get on a equal playing field. No matter how long it takes.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Personally we need to turn our nose up to the word. I hit other races calling me nikka with the :beli: like 'who the fukk do you think your talking to?'

It's all about respecting yourself as in individual then carrying the aire about you. There is a difference between a real nikka and a house nikka. A real nikka knows he's a black man who deserves respect, in my definition.

But it's all about your self image. It is below me. I honestly use the word for fun. But around certain people I find it disrespectful.

Seperate yourself from the stigma and the idea of it. It is just a word. If someone calls "faquette" in a crowd, do you respond? Do you get angry? Why? Are you a faquette, faquette? Water under the bridge. It's not that I have tough skin, it's just so far below me. Words are purely mental.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This actually reminds me of the dinner I had last night. Went out with some older heads from my youth program, were all Negro. 4 in all. Im the youngest, at 22. Then there's the Eldest. The Vegetarian. And 24, who is paying for dinner.

The Eldest makes a comment about how "we're all a bunch of broke ******s" as a friendly joke, and it being the truth.
and about how "their asians, they have hawkeyes and good ears" shyt like that.

Now I'm heavily inspired by asian culture, I guess to escape the "******dom" I'm supposed to be born with. :childplease:I have a Japanese inspired tattoo sleeve on my forearm. But I'm still "a nikka". I'm proud to be black. But again, all this is below me. I can be racist when I need to be, but I don't care about peoples skin colour. I'm a tattoo artist, your skin is my canvas, your all money to me.

Anyways, The Vegetarian is being a drama queen, cant decide what to order. Then comes off the buffet bill, gets his own food for $10. A server catches him eating some rice, puts him on the buffet bill, $20. THE DUDE PAYING, says its w/e. We argue and get him taken off the buffet bill, his bill goes back to $10. But this Vegetarian, being a drama queen, calls in the manager after the fact and argues his point for no reason, making himself look worse. Smh. :snoop:

I wanted to call him out like :sitdown: 'Black Man, nikka, you didnt pay. You got a free meal. You bytched about there being "nothing to eat for vegetarians" and you barely even ate anything.' Man had two spoons of rice and said he was full. :camby:

The Eldest feels embarassd us being "broke ******s" coming into an asian restaurant cant pay, cant order food, can barely tip etc. The guy paying says "You just got a full stomach, theres nothing to be embarrased about."

Me, I just had an all you can eat free meal at my favourite restaurant, I'm golden. :yeshurg:

Morale of the story: your a Black/Negro cause your skin. Your only a ******/nikka if you you act like one. The word is already meaningless. Don't get sucked into the slave mentality. We "bougie" out here, breh. Bon Apetite! :eat: