Do you think Russell Wilson is a good role model for black boys

that guy

Superstar
Daps
If that black boy wants to be seen as corny, lame and not desired nor valued in the Black community, Yes, that's exactly what Russ is.

If that black boy wants to be seen as intelligent, a great fathers, desired and valued by all non-thug loving women. Yes, that's exactly what Russ is.
I really hope one day that y’all realize when you say things like this, it says a lot about you and your social circle, not the black community

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
I mean I suppose? I don't really know much about the man except that randos online seem incredibly interested in him and Ciara and their children.

And something about Future because I guess Ciara has a child by him? Who cares really. I don't know his character but he seems like a positive person and he has a successful sports career (monetarily anyway, and he's not bad as a player either IMO). So I suppose you could do a LOT worse if a young child is looking for a role model....

Youngin probably shouldn't need to go looking to athletes for that, but hey, I understand I suppose.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Naw, he actually had black kids and a black wife so that talking point won’t work here
except nikkas think hes lame still anyway

when you really break it down the amount of hoops black men are expected to jump through are insane

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I mean I suppose? I don't really know much about the man except that randos online seem incredibly interested in him and Ciara and their children.

And something about Future because I guess Ciara has a child by him? Who cares really. I don't know his character but he seems like a positive person and he has a successful sports career (monetarily anyway, and he's not bad as a player either IMO). So I suppose you could do a LOT worse if a young child is looking for a role model....

Youngin probably shouldn't need to go looking to athletes for that, but hey, I understand I suppose.
:dahell:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I’m not a fan of celebrity role models, but relatively speaking , yes.

Him being a literal opposite to Future is much needed. I hate, despise, literally dispise what rap culture is doing to black youth and making us a monolith. Even suburban kids feel the need to dumb down

So to see someone who’s completely detached from that, who ‘speaks well’, etc is priceless

If your son/nephews turns out like Russ you won. I’ll take a nerd/lame/child of God over a hood ngga or hood nikka cosplayer any day

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Seems like a good dude from what I can see. Only thing I’d suggest is black boys having more of a warrior spirit. Knowing when to turn that savage mode on towards these other groups economically and physically. I’d rather boys be like Russ than a wannabe street dude.