Do you think people going to the authorities about Diddy, Weinstein, or Dan Schneider would have made a difference?

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
The problem is/was that for every victim...there were 2-3 who were ok with it cause of where it got them.... and an industry where it's established that people will do ANYTHING for fame.

Corey Feldman actively avoided exposing people and doing what was right....all cause people didn't give him enough money.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The stories were being reported. All the news outlets were killing the stories before they made it to the public

They had powerful allies and agents on their sides
In the case of someone like Weinstein, his Frontline Documentary essentially admitted this as being true.

Them saying what they "should have done" doesn't mean shyt in the grand scheme of things because they had the power and voice to do something about it at the time, but chose not to do so.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Like i said months ago in the booth

These record companies let the Puffy and Suge types go so far with their dirt until shyt get real and they or been had their escape plan from these people before the shyt hit the fan and authorities get involved..

For example, im the owner of a label and u coli nikkas making me money sending my kids to school, i would let u continue to do your dirt rather drugs or sex , however I will already have my lawyers have everything set up so it makes me unaware of your dirt

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Probably not because nobody wanted to go against them en masse.

The entire industry knew what was going on but nobody spoke up. Or if they did, they didn't have support. Now suddenly everyone wants to do the right thing. It's pathetic.

I'm speaking hypothetically about Diddy since I haven't been following that situation.

Fred.

MeToo went nowhere and ultimately accomplished very little. Only weinstein fell. You know damn well he wasn't the only one on bullshyt

The rest of his cronies made him the fall guy

Only thing else that happened was Reese witherspoon getting a billion dollar production deal off it :mjpls: .I didn't forget that grandstanding ass speech about "helping women in all industries" meanwhile she only helped her damn self

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
MeToo went nowhere and ultimately accomplished very little. Only weinstein fell. You know damn well he wasn't the only one on bullshyt

The rest of his cronies made him the fall guy

Only thing else that happened was Reese witherspoon getting a billion dollar production deal off it :mjpls: .I didn't forget that grandstanding ass speech about "helping women in all industries" meanwhile she only helped her damn self
If you're referring to jail time, yes your point is valid. There were quite a few notable names that fell and faced repercussions though even if it didn't amount to jail time.

That's also not including a lot of non-celebrities and people in every day life whose victims spoke up.