Do you think people going to the authorities about Diddy, Weinstein, or Dan Schneider would have made a difference?

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Part of me want to say yes. However, hush money. Also we all have seen cases where it's not what was done, but who did it. Those with cheese have a better track record of getting off on charges and convictions.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Probably not because nobody wanted to go against them en masse.

The entire industry knew what was going on but nobody spoke up. Or if they did, they didn't have support. Now suddenly everyone wants to do the right thing. It's pathetic.

I'm speaking hypothetically about Diddy since I haven't been following that situation.

Fred.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It would've slowed them down.

Can't speak on Weinstein and Schneider, but Puff has quite the record already without these latest incidents. He just has so many connects in media bo one talked about it.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
I think it depends on who's going to the authorities.

People that powerful only get caught when other powerful people are done with them or the accusations get so big they are a liability.

Example: Ari Emmanuel was able to get Vince McMahon out the paint because they are in the same weight class (powerwise). The Rock couldn't have done it because he's not powerful enough.

Puff is getting shredded now because his sins are creating a liability for other powerful people, not because of the acts themselves. He was bad mouthing his liquor distributors too much so they used his dirt against him and put him in checkmate with Cassie.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure
Of course it wouldn’t have.

Anybody snitching on them would have had so much less leverage than them that it would have gotten swept under the rug.

You have to make a public spectacle to get ANY type of traction when the other party is more valuable than you are.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Nope.

The people who write the checks for the people we think have money protect you until you try to climb higher than they’ve allowed.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably not because nobody wanted to go against them en masse.

The entire industry knew what was going on but nobody spoke up. Or if they did, they didn't have support. Now suddenly everyone wants to do the right thing. It's pathetic.

I'm speaking hypothetically about Diddy since I haven't been following that situation.

Fred.
The main reason people won’t go against them is because if you know about the fukkery it’s most likely because you were also involved at some level, or engaged in some way. But once it’s known publicly, you have to grandstand and act like you didn’t know, or that you knew but didn’t involve yourself.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I think it depends on who's going to the authorities.

People that powerful only get caught when other powerful people are done with them or the accusations get so big they are a liability.

Example: Ari Emmanuel was able to get Vince McMahon out the paint because they are in the same weight class (powerwise). The Rock couldn't have done it because he's not powerful enough.

Puff is getting shredded now because his sins are creating a liability for other powerful people, not because of the acts themselves. He was bad mouthing his liquor distributors too much so they used his dirt against him and put him in checkmate with Cassie.
I dont believe the liquor distributors had knowledge like that

If someone told I think it was someone closer