Do You Think Interscope Will Let Kendrick Make Another Section 80?

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I think if people really wanted to see this type of Hip Hop come out they would start buying the singles to send a message to a BUSINESS (Interscope) that this is the direction that will make them money. His single catches fire on Itunes and they continue on this path he has set for himself.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
another mixtape wit 70% wack songs and average production?

it's definitely possible

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I think if people really wanted to see this type of Hip Hop come out they would start buying the singles to send a message to a BUSINESS (Interscope) that this is the direction that will make them money. His single catches fire on Itunes and they continue on this path he has set for himself.

buy singles? :scusthov:. I'll buy his album, but I'm not buying singles from anyone

Daps

you know theres no place for common sense on this board.. :comeon:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I dont think itll be comprised in terms of lyrics. We will have some white-girl hooks to skip over tho

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
buy singles? :scusthov:. I'll buy his album, but I'm not buying singles from anyone

Ok well then if the album comes out and it's not like the songs he released since then that you liked don't blame the label. If you supported the songs with money that Interscope sees it'll send a much better message.

I can tell you they could easily put out some super poppy song with Dr Dre producing and someone famous on the hook that non Hip Hop heads will eat up and we will get Kendrick Lamar's Lazers. Or people can purchase his latest single which is more Section 80-esque and show Interscope thats what we want.

you know theres no place for common sense on this board.. :comeon:

My bad fam :sadcam:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Ok well then if the album comes out and it's not like the songs he released since then that you liked don't blame the label. If you supported the songs with money that Interscope sees it'll send a much better message.

I can tell you they could easily put out some super poppy song with Dr Dre producing and someone famous on the hook that non Hip Hop heads will eat up and we will get Kendrick Lamar's Lazers. Or people can purchase his latest single which is more Section 80-esque and show Interscope thats what we want.

My bad fam :sadcam:
:manny: I never buy singles and probably never will. I don't want a random track just sitting in my library, especially if it has a chance of making the album. Kendrick is one of my favorite rappers, but I don't think there is anything that would ever make me want to drop bread on a single instead of just buying the album

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
That's what I'm saying..

you do realize the song isn't about drinking right? it's about growing up around alcoholics..

yeah...the song ain't exactly some mindless get drunk anthem...actually fits in with the type of stuff he was doing on section 80...addresses a topic without being preachy..one of his greatest strengths

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I dont think Interscope cares what type of music he makes as long as it sells.

Plus, He already made Sec. 80

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You do realize interscope CAME TO THEM right ?

I'm sure they won't be fvcking with TDE like that, they could
possibly mess up some good money.

I imagine everyone on TDE will continue to do their thing.

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
dudes not even listening to lyrics anymore on this site..... thats the chief keef/YMCMB generation for you, if it aint an obvious punchline, no need to look for clever writing

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Based off the latest track he dropped, even though it won't be on the album, it's like he's going for that stoner, Wiz Khalifa crowd. Just making songs about drinking and getting high.

All before Section 80

After

The first Kendrick song I heard was P&P.

He raps about a bunch of shyt.

Last edited by a moderator: