Do You Think Interscope Will Let Kendrick Make Another Section 80?

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Based off the latest track he dropped, even though it won't be on the album, it's like he's going for that stoner, Wiz Khalifa crowd. Just making songs about drinking and getting high.

Then I was like where the fukk is the that rebel public enemy type music. It's like that type of music has been phased out of hip-hop. Now like in the 90s when shooting and gangbanging was being promoted now it's drinking, smoking weed, and popping xanax is what gets played.

Then hearing about the lyrical committee at Interscope being ok with Young Buck rapping about killing each other, selling drugs to each other but the second he tries to talk about corrupt cops oh no you can't do that.

Kendrick is still the best and I enjoy both those tracks, and I know he's always been about smoking and drinking but I don't want him to turn into a Wiz Khalifa or Drake I'm On One clone once he sees that's where the money is.

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
If Kendrick wanted to make those kind of songs he would be making them. The public is not invested in him enough at this point for Interscope to want to dictate what kind of music he wants to make.

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he chose to sign with interscope, he knew the deal. I don't think they are forcing him to do anything.

and you can't judge the vibe of an album based on 1 song.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Kendrick talks a lot about Dre respecting his style of music and not forcing stuff on him, but I don't think Dre is the guy he needs to worry about: it's all about Jimmy Iovine. His basic approach to hip hop in 2012 is "hey I heard my son listening to that Maroon 5 song with Wiz. You need to make a song with Maroon 5 or Wiz right now." :deadrose:

I'd imagine most of the album will be Kendrick style, but we're gonna get some ridiculous guest appearances and a poppy single. I like the song with T-Minus tho, but it ain't a hit. Get ready for a single featuring Lady Gaga, fellas

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
You guys are right, about judging the album. I'm just going off of interscopes track record and the fact they enjoy signing artist like Chief Keef and 50 Cent. Nothing against them it's just odd that a record label pushes this type of music to the front.

Yeah he's not big enough but I see it as the label wanting to tap into the stoner/drug crowd cause that's what's hot at the moment. Guess we'll have to wait till the album but my question was will the label and Dre allow him to make another HiiiPower

TMillzy

Pro
Daps
Jimmy is shutting that nikka down. We aint gonna ever hear a Section 80 again.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Are interscope known for turning nikkas soft or what?
G-unit, Game, Dre, Pac, Em, rich boy, MIA and the dudes I can think of kept it "hard core" throughout their careers.

Interscope does not seem like Atlantic records and tbh Atlantic records seems to let cats do what they want. Its just some defense mechanism the Lupe stans use to blame his wack music on the label. If it's dope = It's him, if it's wack = it's the label. Like Kobe and Lebron stans. If the they are wack = it's the team, if they are dope = it's them.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
Jimmy is shutting that nikka down. We aint gonna ever hear a Section 80 again.

yeah he might still have some introspective tracks on good kid, but for the most part he's prolly gonna be a lyrical party rapper.

hopefully he at least drops mixtapes making section.80 type music :manny: