Do you think Halo will chart on the NPD?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's on gamepass so there's absolutely no reason for anyone to buy it but according to Microsoft people spend even more money on games with gamepass. I think this will be the true test to see if that theory is correct or not

will this be the first Halo to not chart on the NPD at all, or will the stans still go out and pay full price for it?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It's on gamepass so there's absolutely no reason for anyone to buy it but according to Microsoft people spend even more money on games with gamepass. I think this will be the true test to see if that theory is correct or not

will this be the first Halo to not chart on the NPD at all, or will the stans still go out and pay full price for it?
Do free to play titles chart?

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The muiltiplayer is free to play... its going to have a nice community for a while. when a custom server browser and forge comes out no telling how long it lifespan will be

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
There going to be selling retail copys at stores so im assuming yes
Nope, that's not how free to pay games recoup $$$. It's free to play so you're talking about buying content from a store that can be used in game. Not the game itself, so that wouldn't count as a new player :stop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

No. It's both on Game Pass and the multiplayer is free to play.

This is like asking if Red Notice will top box office charts. It's got a $200 million budget but Netflix wouldn't define its success like that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No. It's both on Game Pass and the multiplayer is free to play.

This is like asking if Red Notice will top box office charts. It's got a $200 million budget but Netflix wouldn't define its success like that.

Theres still a retail version

Xbox Game Pass Is Actually GOOD For Sales

If gamepass increases sales halo should without a doubt show up on the npd

Last edited:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I think so, but I'm assuming GamePass isn't enough to tip the scale the other way.

Will be a good test.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Nope, that's not how free to pay games recoup $$$. It's free to play so you're talking about buying content from a store that can be used in game. Not the game itself, so that wouldn't count as a new player :stop:

I bought season pass, content/skins on Fortnite, League Of Legends, but I'm not sure how this is going to work with a FPS where you don't see your Spartan.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Yeah, but I'm expecting top 5ish.

I imagine most will be gamepass, unless they reveal some nice collectors editions and of course, steam.

I don't think it matters too much with multiplayer being F2P. I genuinely think it may be top 5 most played games ccu. Especially on steam.