Do you think GTA5 is gonna change the gaming, and marketing landscape?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
i'll go one step further. these other companies have great devs as wel. great graphics guys as well. but they cant pull off a GTA. why? they have to much pressure to RUSH job their games and make that 10 in 10 years just like you said. its not about the best devs. its about giving solid devs TIME to DEV. lol its that simple.

Exactly. I still wouldn't doubt that Take-two tried to put pressure on the boys developing GTAV to get it out sooner. In situations like that you always have some greedy dude up top trying to get his money now and get retired. They had some strong leadership on that development group to be able to stretch out development of the game like they have and add so much detail. At this point though, after seeing how much they can really make, they won't have any argument against taking their time with the next one. I'll wait another 5 years if they put out something like this at the end of the next console generation. Buy a system just for that game.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
GtaV success has more to do with reputation than marketing... They established that they push the limits of gaming back in 98'...

Fellatio

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this the alternative opinion or something?? Just cause?? I randomly see some guys (usually on GAF) say that JC2 is the best open world game.
It has a few elements gta doesn't have but the rest is subpar. The heli could drop you off at any area you had visited before, was probably inspired by the cab in gta. The grapple hook is probably the reason for the 3 characters, id say on the whole with the cab and the switching characters gta wins. Oh and the just cause map is about 5 times the size of the gta map