Do you think GTA5 is gonna change the gaming, and marketing landscape?

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
a billion dollars in 3 days is not funny buisness, Rockstar marketed GTA5 excellently, and delivered a masterpiece, and one of the biggest reason why they sold well is because of fan service, they listened to their fans and gave us this buffet with dessert :wow:

Capcom is over there like :sadbron: "we should've listened to our fans"

Last edited:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Probably not, Rockstar is smart enough not to oversaturate the market with their games and takes time to develop them, most of these other companies just bleed the fukk out of a franchise and run it into the ground. I mean just imagine if UBIsoft had the GTA brand, we would have had 10 of them shyts on the PS3 by now.

If anything, all this means is that more shytty companies will get into games because they see how much a game can make, neglecting the fact the developers responsible are probably the most talented studio in the world.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Probably not, Rockstar is smart enough not to oversaturate the market with their games and takes time to develop them, most of these other companies just bleed the fukk out of a franchise and run it into the ground. I mean just imagine if UBIsoft had the GTA brand, we would have had 10 of them shyts on the PS3 by now.

If anything, all this means is that more shytty companies will get into games because they see how much a game can make, neglecting the fact the developers responsible are probably the most talented studio in the world.
Yeah, people need to realize that GTA V took an incredible amount of resources + time to pump out. It's more than just marketing, its an established brand that pushes the boundaries of what people expect out of these open world games. The next proper GTA after this probably won't surface until 2017 at the earliest.

ALL of their games take a very long time to make and even Rockstar bombs at times as Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire didn't sell well

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
GTA5 has upped my expectations for games in general. Rockstar put so much work into their game and it shows. Them and Naughty Dog are not to be fukked with when it comes to Single Player experiences. And it looks like the online portion of GTA5 is going to be incredibly fun and fleshed out.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Yeah, i don't think i can go backwards in quality. They spent time with every...single...detail in that game and it paid off big time. No shortcuts, rehashed mechanics or design...rockstar showed us that it takes years to craft a masterpiece, not a year.

Papsmear

Banned
Daps
I feel like it already has considering how much emphasis there has been lately on various upcoming games having a vast and open world.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, people need to realize that GTA V took an incredible amount of resources + time to pump out. It's more than just marketing, its an established brand that pushes the boundaries of what people expect out of these open world games. The next proper GTA after this probably won't surface until 2017 at the earliest.

ALL of their games take a very long time to make and even Rockstar bombs at times as Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire didn't sell well

Proof?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, i don't think i can go backwards in quality. They spent time with every...single...detail in that game and it paid off big time. No shortcuts, rehashed mechanics or design...rockstar showed us that it takes years to craft a masterpiece, not a year.
Seriously. UC2, TLOU and GTA V so far has been three of the best gaming experiences I've had this entire gen. GTA V has set the benchmark for open world games and it's either go hard or go home. After I beat TLOU I had zero interest in playing other games. They paled in comparison. Thankfully GTA V dropped shortly after to reinvigorate my gaming life. Now the wait for GTA V Online to see whats up.

If Rockstar decided to make an open world horror game with the dedication and ambition as GTA V!?!? :wow:

Fellatio

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
games like just cause 3 will come out and beat gta in a few ways. Like watch dogs or w/e its called. But its the hundreds of other things that they cant beat. As far as marketing i feel its cruel to make people wait for so much info. I dont think rockstar are shook of other developers... just really aware. The level of detail in this game shows the level of respect for their competition

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Volition lost. Managed to delude nikkas into thinking Saints Row is gonna usurp GTA after the lukewarm reception to IV. Rockstar let all of us know who the throne belongs to.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i'll go one step further. these other companies have great devs as wel. great graphics guys as well. but they cant pull off a GTA. why? they have to much pressure to RUSH job their games and make that 10 in 10 years just like you said. its not about the best devs. its about giving solid devs TIME to DEV. lol its that simple.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Max Payne 3 sold over 4 million copies. since when is that not well?
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/405593/max-payne-3-sold-over-4-million-copies/

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Volition lost. Managed to delude nikkas into thinking Saints Row is gonna usurp GTA after the lukewarm reception to IV. Rockstar let all of us know who the throne belongs to.
rockstar straight up gave Volition the :stopitslime: .

some idiot fans "hey i think Saints is better then GTA"

Rockstar responds :childplease:
then rockstar really responds. "ay Volition... :ufdup:"

Volition and the Saints fans "wait is that 2.5 mil on preorders with 2 weeks to go before GTA 5 drops... :whoa: "

Voilition and saints fans " wait. how many did they sell first day? :mindblown:

Rockstar three days later. "we just hit a bill gates...
throwing-money.gif

GTA fans ":lawd::ohlawd::ooh::whoo::whew::noah: "

Rockstar a week later :youngsabo: :win:

you know whats not even fair. GTA ONILNE aint even out YET
mj-laughing.gif

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
games like just cause 3 will come out and beat gta in a few ways. Like watch dogs or w/e its called. But its the hundreds of other things that they cant beat. As far as marketing i feel its cruel to make people wait for so much info. I dont think rockstar are shook of other developers... just really aware. The level of detail in this game shows the level of respect for their competition
Is this the alternative opinion or something?? Just cause?? I randomly see some guys (usually on GAF) say that JC2 is the best open world game.