Do you think Babylon Falls, Forsaken or Stranger of Paradise can keep up with Horizon & Elden Ring?

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I'm a huge action-rpg fan. It's been a great year and will be in the future with botw2, gow and ff16 coming out

I'm worried/excited about SE new line up that is launching WEEKS after 2 huge games in the genre.

Babylon falls I know nothing about but they have a demo coming out the 25th. Seems like a bad time drop so close to elden ring.

Forsaken looks good but I gotta see some real gameplay. SOP I will definitely cop and actually the goty I'm most looking forward too.

But SE used to be the rpg kings and I honestly don't believe these games will be better or even close to elden ring and horizon.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Forspoken and Stranger of Paradise im confident will be solid 8’s

Babylons fall is a wash.

FF16 is gonna be their big game though. They also still have Dragon Quest 12, FF7 Remake 2, and Kingdom hearts 4 in production.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm a huge action-rpg fan. It's been a great year and will be in the future with botw2, gow and ff16 coming out

I'm worried/excited about SE new line up that is launching WEEKS after 2 huge games in the genre.

Babylon falls I know nothing about but they have a demo coming out the 25th. Seems like a bad time drop so close to elden ring.

Forsaken looks good but I gotta see some real gameplay. SOP I will definitely cop and actually the goty I'm most looking forward too.

But SE used to be the rpg kings and I honestly don't believe these games will be better or even close to elden ring and horizon.

To answer the overall gist of the question, no. Currently, Guerilla and From Software are better game developers than Square Enix currently.

I agree with @Gizmo_Duck about the scores for Forspoken and Stranger of Paradise. Fun romps through a gaming world. I'm a bit more hopeful/optimistic for Stranger of Paradise. The direction of Babylons Fall is something that I don't know about yet and for the first time in eons, I was considering downloading the demo to see what the hell it is about. I love Platinum and their gameplay but this game seems very GAAS like and I'm not feeling that. I was reading that the game plays best as a multiplayer game instead of single player and if that is the case, then that's a no for me. I was hyped for Back 4 Blood till I found out they threw single player to the bushes.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe Forsaken is the only one who can keep up with them. And I bet Forsaken will be better than Elden Ring.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets not get ahead of ourselves :heh:

snoop-dogg-i-said-it.gif

Basically, you play another Demon Souls games so no different from it you can expect what you get from Elden Ring. But Forsaken is just NEW and FRESH and you don't know what to expect to get, new experiences, it's exiting to play a new game, etc.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline

Breh I have no clue which titles you’re talking about

botw2
gow
SOP (Edit this one’s Strangers of Paradise)

Which games are these?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Babybomb definitely can't. Hell they should have delayed it to jun-aug when there ain't shyt else out.

Stranger I expect to be a solid game.

Forspoken I need to see more gameplay of.. but I liked what I saw of it.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No not really. I think Strangers could be one of those games that have a higher fun factor but also have some jank that knocks it down a peg. Forspoken looks like trash and Babylon Falls might get a 3-4 out of 10 from most people just watching that bullshyt.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Babylon’s Fall is as the title suggest, probably gonna be one of the biggest blunders of a game from a well known developer.

Strangers of Paradise will do fine.

Forspoken will just be pretty to look at.