Do you need to draft a RB early?

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know it’s always been thought of that RB is the most important position in fantasy but with most teams going by RB by committee and there only being a handful of every down QB’s does it make sense to draft RB’s high?

I was thinking of maybe going WR/QB/TE first what do you think of that?

I know the argument would be you can get starting WR’s deep into the draft where starting RB’s are usually gone after the first few rounds

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I went traditional and drafted RBs early. My thinking is that it's such a passing game that 3rd WRs could have a decent year.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I believe in drafting a well balanced squad. There are only a few bell cows left, so if one is able to draft one, then I suggest drafting one!

The question I hear often is..

Should QBs be drafted early??

I have seen Mahomes drafted in the 1st round. Allen, Hurts, Jackson, Fields ans Burrow are drafted by round 5.

I say that a person can draft whoever they want, but grabbing an elite QB may cost someone to lose WR 1/2s, RB1/2s and so forth.

I contend that one doesn't need an elite QB to win a league, but they definitely need a strong core of RBs/WRs!

Sidenote: In PPR formats, if omeone dmcan draft a RB with hands then one better to it quick!

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe in drafting a well balanced squad. There are only a few bell cows left, so if one is able to draft one, then I suggest drafting one!

The question I hear often is..

Should QBs be drafted early??

I have seen Mahomes drafted in the 1st round. Allen, Hurts, Jackson, Fields ans Burrow are drafted by round 5.

I say that a person can draft whoever they want, but grabbing an elite QB may cost someone to lose WR 1/2s, RB1/2s and so forth.

I contend that one doesn't need an elite QB to win a league, but they definitely need a strong core of RBs/WRs!

Sidenote: In PPR formats, if omeone dmcan draft a RB with hands then one better to it quick!

Yeah I’m in PPR.

Which rb’s would you consider bellcow that you draft high?

I agree on QB’s I drafted Russ last year who was a huge bust and still won my league

What about drafting TE’s high?

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I’m in PPR.

Which rb’s would you consider bellcow that you draft high?

I agree on QB’s I drafted Russ last year who was a huge bust and still won my league

What about drafting TE’s high?

In PPR, CMC is on top! Just have to watch his health. Reports said he will lose some this season, but he is a dual threat when used.

I like Ekeler & Pollard for PPR. Conner? Dude is darn near a must despite being on a lackluster team! He has health issues, but he is AZs primary playmaker. You should not care if his team win or not. You want points and he has hands and grit!

For TEs, obviously Kelce is in a class by himself! He gonna give you a lot of points, especially against the Raiders! As a Raider fan, I will admit that my squad can't stop him! So, Kelce is worth drafting early and just build a squad around him. I would not mind if someone grabbed Mahomes to get that KC stack.

After Kelce, the only person who may be worth drafting by round 4 is Andrews and maybe Hockenson. Kittle, Waller, Goerdert and Engram should be drafted round 6/7.

But, to summarize, a solid ass squad is this:

Draft RBs/WRs rounds 1-4. Should get all "can't cut" players. Round 5, draft a QB. Round 6, draft a flex RB/WR(I lean towards RB) and finish starting roster drafting a TE before heading to the bench rounds which should start off with WR, RB, WR or RB and you can either get an WR/RB (whichever opposite you did not draft) or you can get your back up QB.

From there, look to drafting your K, DEF and maybe a back up TE(if you believed in having one?) Last draft can be a "throwaway" WR or RB.

So, in a league with 6 BEs, one should have 4 or 5 RBs(one or the other), back up QB/TE and with 7 BEs, one should have 5 RB/WRs total. It gives you depth at key positions and it helps barting for better players when trading.

The aforementioned is said being someone who has 137 fantasy football teams. Been doing this for years! It's my passion and hobby!

I am very experienced playing fantasy football, in particular, and fantasy sports in general. Been in every type of league imaginable and won my fair share of leagues in all fantasy sports.

Hope I helped?

Salute!

😎👍🏿

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In PPR, CMC is on top! Just have to watch his health. Reports said he will lose some this season, but he is a dual threat when used.

I like Ekeler & Pollard for PPR. Conner? Dude is darn near a must despite being on a lackluster team! He has health issues, but he is AZs primary playmaker. You should not care if his team win or not. You want points and he has hands and grit!

For TEs, obviously Kelce is in a class by himself! He gonna give you a lot of points, especially against the Raiders! As a Raider fan, I will admit that my squad can't stop him! So, Kelce is worth drafting early and just build a squad around him. I would not mind if someone grabbed Mahomes to get that KC stack.

After Kelce, the only person who may be worth drafting by round 4 is Andrews and maybe Hockenson. Kittle, Waller, Goerdert and Engram should be drafted round 6/7.

But, to summarize, a solid ass squad is this:

Draft RBs/WRs rounds 1-4. Should get all "can't cut" players. Round 5, draft a QB. Round 6, draft a flex RB/WR(I lean towards RB) and finish starting roster drafting a TE before heading to the bench rounds which should start off with WR, RB, WR or RB and you can either get an WR/RB (whichever opposite you did not draft) or you can get your back up QB.

From there, look to drafting your K, DEF and maybe a back up TE(if you believed in having one?) Last draft can be a "throwaway" WR or RB.

So, in a league with 6 BEs, one should have 4 or 5 RBs(one or the other), back up QB/TE and with 7 BEs, one should have 5 RB/WRs total. It gives you depth at key positions and it helps barting for better players when trading.

The aforementioned is said being someone who has 137 fantasy football teams. Been doing this for years! It's my passion and hobby!

I am very experienced playing fantasy football, in particular, and fantasy sports in general. Been in every type of league imaginable and won my fair share of leagues in all fantasy sports.

Hope I helped?

Salute!

😎👍🏿

Appreciate it man.

I usually don’t draft backup TE’s or QB’s I use the waiver

I draft kickers and def last because I usually change those positions weekly anyway based on matchups

With QB I’m looking for maybe a Daniel Jones later on rather than draft one high. I think he could give a decent amount of production at a much cheaper price

Last year I won with Jarred Goff as my QB so I agree I’m not drafting them high.

Kelce I agree with being the only TE worthy of drafting high

My only worry would be age. He’s turning 34 and TE’s tend to get old quick. I’m not saying he will fall of this year he’s showed no signs but it’s something I’d at least keep an eye on

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Appreciate it man.

I usually don’t draft backup TE’s or QB’s I use the waiver

I draft kickers and def last because I usually change those positions weekly anyway based on matchups

With QB I’m looking for maybe a Daniel Jones later on rather than draft one high. I think he could give a decent amount of production at a much cheaper price

Last year I won with Jarred Goff as my QB so I agree I’m not drafting them high.

Kelce I agree with being the only TE worthy of drafting high

My only worry would be age. He’s turning 34 and TE’s tend to get old quick. I’m not saying he will fall of this year he’s showed no signs but it’s something I’d at least keep an eye on

Everyone's drafting strategy is different. I draft back up QBs and TEs because the wire is usually barren in competitive leagues. Last year, I won a $$ league, but could have lost because I lost K. Murray towards the end of the season. I think I grabbed Prudy and maybe Jones. But, this year, those guys are gone, so I am not sure I can find a QB that would help me win.

To be fair, people do drop QBs as well as other players from other positions, but I simply like to play on matchups with QBs. For instsnce, in my big $$ league, I drafted T. Lawrence and D. Prescott. They are similar skillset wise, so I plan on playing matchups with them. Plus, both QBs are a lil inconsistent, so I am not comfortable riding with one or the other season wise.

My goal is to keep my teams well balanced weekly and having a bunch of committee backs and WR 3 4s does me no justice since they will mostly take up roster space.

With a back up QB/TE, I still have 4 RBs/WRs riding the bench who can score on any given matchup. That's more than enough reserve players.

Once again, everyone has their strategies. I am speaking on my experience and for the most part, my experience has been mostly good.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone's drafting strategy is different. I draft back up QBs and TEs because the wire is usually barren in competitive leagues. Last year, I won a $$ league, but could have lost because I lost K. Murray towards the end of the season. I think I grabbed Prudy and maybe Jones. But, this year, those guys are gone, so I am not sure I can find a QB that would help me win.

To be fair, people do drop QBs as well as other players from other positions, but I simply like to play on matchups with QBs. For instsnce, in my big $$ league, I drafted T. Lawrence and D. Prescott. They are similar skillset wise, so I plan on playing matchups with them. Plus, both QBs are a lil inconsistent, so I am not comfortable riding with one or the other season wise.

My goal is to keep my teams well balanced weekly and having a bunch of committee backs and WR 3 4s does me no justice since they will mostly take up roster space.

With a back up QB/TE, I still have 4 RBs/WRs riding the bench who can score on any given matchup. That's more than enough reserve players.

Once again, everyone has their strategies. I am speaking on my experience and for the most part, my experience has been mostly good.

I totally get that logic with QB’s and TE’s

With defense I change it weekly based on who the QB the defense is playing because no defense can really be dominant every week anymore with the rules geared towards offense and no defense is stopping great QB’s. So I just try to pick a bad or mediocre QB to go up against if possible

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I totally get that logic with QB’s and TE’s

With defense I change it weekly based on who the QB the defense is playing because no defense can really be dominant every week anymore with the rules geared towards offense and no defense is stopping great QB’s. So I just try to pick a bad or mediocre QB to go up against if possible

Well, Breaking News!! Kelce hyperextended his knee in practice today. He is uncertain to play this Thursday! Mahomes stock slightly falls and whoever drafted Kelce (this includes me) may have to play another TE. This is why I have a back up TE! That's a huge drop in talent! Mahomes owners may still be OK. But, Kelce owners may have to worry.

I know how it goes..

The injuries gonna come. Plus, this is why I don't care when ppl draft teams. A player is destined to get hurt @ anytime! Smh..

Last edited:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, Breaking News!! Kelce hyperextended his knee in practice today. He is uncertain to play this Thursday! Mahomes stock slightly falls and whoever drafted Kelce (this includes me) may have to play another TE. This is why I have a back up TE! That's a huge drop in talent! Mahomes owners may still be OK. But, Kelce owners may have to worry.

I know how it goes..

The injuries gonna come. Plus, this is why I don't care when ppl draft teams. A player is destined to get hurt @ anytime! Smh..

I just got the first pick. Any suggestions.

CMC? Jefferson?

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State

CMC? Jefferson?
Jefferson. Then get two strong RB your next picks cause people will be going for guys like mahomes and even Kelce or other top WRs. So you could land two starting RB.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
RB in fantasy football isn't super important.
You need probably 1 workhorse guy, and a decent 2nd RB.

It matters more if you're doing standard scoring or half-PPR.
But in full PPR leagues, unless you're getting the top 3-4 guys, it becomes far less important than grabbing the best WRs.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jefferson. Then get two strong RB your next picks cause people will be going for guys like mahomes and even Kelce or other top WRs. So you could land two starting RB.

QB-Lamar Jackson
WR- Justin Jefferson
WR-Drake London
WR-Nico Collins
RB- Travis Etienne
RB Joe Mixon
TE-George Kittle
Flex- Rachaad White

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

CMC? Jefferson?

Either those two or Ekeler. I would just grab JJ, breh..But, draft a RB in round 2. If you went CMC, then I would understand. I just feel that CMC has more competition for the ball overall, but I love the fact that he is duel threat, a RB with hands! Oh, CMC has issues stating healthy, so keep that in mind.