do you need soundbars for these newer tv's?

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the 2017 tv's have pretty good sound or do i need to cop one?

i haven't bought a new tv in a long time and the older ones had some shytty speakers.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I installed a new tv at the school i work at and they bought a bose soundbar to go with it. The tv's speakers actually sounded better, so they returned it. YMMV, but i would maybe be careful about keeping the packaging intact incase you have the same result.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They're for aesthetics pretty much. A receiver and speakers still work the same.

I know what you mean, but I had the full 5.1 onkyo setup for like 3 years. had a 55 inch Samsung, shyt was fire.

I switched over to this LG oled 55 around thanksgiving. got the LG sj9 sound bar to go with it. had the full dolby atmos

its incredible relative to what it is.

if you had a full 7.1 setup with dolby atmos, it would kill the sound bar, but thats an even crazier setup

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I installed a new tv at the school i work at and they bought a bose soundbar to go with it. The tv's speakers actually sounded better, so they returned it. YMMV, but i would maybe be careful about keeping the packaging intact incase you have the same result.
I find this hard to believe without it being faulty or installed wrong.