Do you have older people in your family, 50 plus who play video games?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My uncle is 56, married with three kids and is still a hardcore gamer. He grew up playing Atari, etc and I guess the gaming habit never left him. Unfortunately my dad doesn’t though :francis:

I can see myself just like him playing in my 60s and probably still playing when I retire because I can’t imagine ever getting bored of playing video games. I think we might be the first generation where a lot of us still game well into our old age.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Literally no one in my family plays video games except me, my brother and pops (who’s 48 going on 49). They also don’t know shyt about technology in general, except my Grandpa who used to fix and build computers in his spare time. shyt is weird.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
One Uncle use to a few years ago and he's almost 60, now his PS4 is collecting dust. My other plays Madden & 2K, that's it and he's in his 50s

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
No, not yet. In a few years. Now it's time for a life lesson. As you grow older, time seems to go by faster. Your kids become adults almost overnight. I took my daughter to Disney world for her 8th birthday....13yrs ago. I got another due in two weeks. Whole new family, I take care of my mother fulltime. I have more time to game and no time to game. I have a couple of businesses I'm getting off the ground, I could game more but it wouldn't be the best use of my time.

I say that to tell you, you really have no idea what you'll be doing when you reach "50" because you have no idea how your life will play out. Your job, your partner, family and friends.. everything changes. I hope you are lucky enough to have time to waste. As you get older and you feel death creeping on you? I don't know if playing a videogame ranks :yeshrug:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
nah.

the 20+ year olds think me and somebody that married into the family are the old heads still doing it, even though it's not much age difference.

They be looking at us like ":ohhh: wow I can get older and still play video games, read comic books, talk about anime!?"

It'll always be amazing to me how up to like 10 years ago, all of that stuff was strictly for kids and losers. You had to drop it once you hit a certain age or you'd be ostracized, unless you were making a lot of money off it somehow.

Everybody's grandmother playing candy crush type shyt on their phones now

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
When my dad comes over to my place he plays madden and 2k against me. He's a competitive person by nature so my mom literally has to try to drag him home until he gets a worthy win against me.
:lolbron:

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
My father stopped caring about video games around 2014( 61 years old) he hasn't purchased a game for himself since 1992.

He absolutely loved the NES & SNES and for years would occasionally play all of the Tecmo Super Bowls & Baseball Simulators on both systems.

He never got into the modern systems at all.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The oldest person I've ever seen playing a non-mobile video game was when I was working hotels.

I walked past the business center at like 2 am one night, there was this 70 year old white woman playing Ragnarok Online. Mic on and all.

:mjcry: I wanted to talk to her about it so bad. I was deep in them RO trenches at one point.

Other than that, I can remember catching some oil field workers playing some FPS. They saw I was watching and got shame, saying it was cheaper to talk to their homies on the game than it was to be calling them ..

I was like breh, Ijust finished watching some CLAMP anime. I can't judge you :heh:

then he made fun of me for watching cartoons. :francis::mjcry: