Do you fear death?

lakinta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1) Think about the time you were a fetus in your mother's womb...Exactly, you can't remember...Take it further, think about the time before you were conceived...Exactly, you can't remember...

2) Awareness is a function of the brain, an organic organ...When you die, your brain ceases to function, and so, it's impossible to be aware, because chemical and electrical signals are absent...

3) When you die you decompose into carbon, Oxygen, Hydrogen, Nitrogen and other trace elements...On their own, these elements do not have any "life"...You will be consumed by other living organism...Essential when you die, you become food for something else...Do you think there is chicken clucking in your body right now...? Maybe yes, if you are schizophrenic...

Have ever been put under for a major surgery...? If the anesthesiologist did a good job, you wont remember a thing that occurred during the surgery...

Death is nothingness...It's pretty much that part in your sleep that you don't remember and are not even aware of...

I have seen people take their last breaths, it's a very strange experience...

i can't fathom being in front of a person as they fade into nothingness. :damn:

makes life seem meaningless. :damn::damn:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
Don't really fear death itself but more of having absolutely nothing to carry me on after my death.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can't fathom being in front of a person as they fade into nothingness. :damn:
makes life seem meaningless. :damn::damn:

Dude, it COMPLETELY changed my perspective on life...

I have literally sat and looked at people dying right in front of me, counting how many breaths they were taking as they got closer to the mystery...

It's not like the movies, were your grandpa is dropping jewels, and then crocks...haha

For days before death, the dying get weak...They can't eat, they can't drink, they can hardly breath, then they can't talk, they see, but they can still hear...But they can't respond...

They just lie there with their mouths open, and the mouth is so dry that the tongue kinds of shrinks...

For people who have ear lobes, you see the ear lobes shrivel and and kind of roll back, and the cheek bones start becoming more pronounced...When I see that, I know the infinite darkness is coming...

Because of these experiences, I have learned that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING matters in this world...

"Eat drink and be merry"

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison

I have literally sat and looked at people dying right in front of me, counting how many breaths they were taking as they got closer to the mystery...

It's not like the movies, were your grandpa is dropping jewels, and then crocks...haha

For days before death, the dying get weak...They can't eat, they can't drink, they can hardly breath, then they can't talk, they see, but they can still hear...But they can't respond...

They just lie there with their mouths open, and the mouth is so dry that the tongue kinds of shrinks...

For people who have ear lobes, you see the ear lobes shrivel and and kind of roll back, and the cheek bones start becoming more pronounced...When I see that, I know the infinite darkness is coming...

Because of these experiences, I have learned that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING matters in this world...

"Eat drink and be merry"

:damn: this post supercedes the thread.

Daps
I have a fear of dying yes. I don't think I'll ever be ready to die!

I want to outlive all my friends and I don't want to miss out on anything.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang

"Eat drink and be merry"

Were any of those people you saw in hospice by any chance?

Those pamphlets they give about what the person dying is experiencing is crazy. Like they drift in & out between "our world" and the afterlife. Is it more like that or are those more of a way to comfort the grieving family?

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
i fear death only because the thought of ceasing to exist on any level, having no consciousness or awareness for all time and everything being over forever....that's the most terrifying shyt in the world to me

i hope i'm wrong and there is afterlives and shyt :sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Were any of those people you saw in hospice by any chance?
Those pamphlets they give about what the person dying is experiencing is crazy. Like they drift in & out between "our world" and the afterlife. Is it more like that or are those more of a way to comfort the grieving family?

I like to volunteer in hospitals, hospices, nursing homes and such...

I personally don't believe in the afterlife, so in my opinion, I would say those pamphlets are just to comfort the grieving family...

From a scientific perspective and my experience, I think some dying people are just hallucinating...

Circulation slows down...So, the body starts sending blood to only vital organs...With less blood circulating, there is less oxygen in the system, so they start to breathe fast...

With not enough oxygen, the brain stops functioning as it should, and that make cause them to experience weird sensory stimuli, and go in and out of consciousness...

I couldn't tell what a dying person experiences...Their eyes are all glazed, murky looking and not all that responsive...So, you can't tell if they are looking at you or zoning into nothingness...

But there is a point when they can still hear, and it appears as if they respond when you call out their names...

Some older folks start talking a lot about going home, and their moms and dads, when they start reaching that stage when they have no appetite and just want to sleep all day...

Some people twitch a lot, I wonder if it's just nerves firing or they are agitated/scared of what they are experiencing...