Do You Agree That Life Experience/Wisdom>>being book smart

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I just go to thinking about this 5 minutes ago. I was talking to some older girl on fb and she ask me what i feel about turning 18 in a couple months. I just gave her that pac quote from his HS interview :pachaha:

Then i got to thinking, even tho nikkas have high GPAs and shyt, they still need to turn to older people and shyt for advice and knowledge. No matter how much science books a nikka reads in college and HS, they still gonna call up mom and pop for some advice.

I cant really explain what im saying too well but its like, the person with Life Experience knows what to do, what not to do, how certain things will turn out etc..

The class nerd just reads alotta books and studies.

Which is truly more valuable.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
having life experiences and making minimum wage < being smart, getting a good job, and having the financial means to travel the world to acquire a more well-rounded view of various people and cultures

"life experiences" is shyt broke, dumb people try to monetize to make their life seem "richer" or more valuable than it truly is

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
having life experiences and making minimum wage < being smart, getting a good job, and having the financial means to travel the world to acquire a more well-rounded view of various people and cultures

"life experiences" is shyt broke, dumb people try to monetize to make their life seem "richer" or more valuable than it truly is

So now everyone who actually has life experience is broke, and everyone who went to college is rich and can travel the world:sitdown:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps

This. Having a wealth of life experience is good, but it won't directly lead you to material wealth the same way a college degree from a good school will.

Daps
depends on what you want out of life.. and as with anything a healthy mixture of both is best.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
So now everyone who actually has life experience is broke, and everyone who went to college is rich and can travel the world:sitdown:

well your thread was based on the assumption that a person would only have one or the other

so an assumption I made in response to your thread was that someone with "life experience" isn't book smart and thus would likely have a tough time getting a well paying job... also, that someone who is book smart has far better chances at landing a well paying job, although they might not be as "life experienced"

do these hold true in real life? probably, but not always... but such is the premise of your thread when looked at in a vacuum

the only time I ever hear anyone ever bring up "life experience" is when they don't have much else going for them and they try to hang their hat on that as if to add worth to themselves...

Person with life experience: "Nah, I ain't really got a job or a car right now... BUT I been through some shyt though, you feel me? I'm wise beyond my years, ya dig? :myman:"

Me: :leostare:

Daps
You need to have both. They equal out. Book smarts is very important though. The main issue with people today is they are either strong in one and weak in the other. Someone who has alot of life experience can sometimes not have or have utilized enough time to obtain book smarts and vice versa. Thats why you need to find balance.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Honestly, You're gonna need both if you're going to go reach your maxmum potential in most cases. There are some paths that take them in different ratios, but it doesn't hurt. It seems to me that this question comes up often because people have a very strong imbalance in being book smart vs life experience and they just want people to justify one or the other. And listening to arguments between a book smart person vs a street smart person about a random topic is just :snoop:. Its insanely obvious that neither of these guys knows enough of the scope to make a persuasive argument to the other.

CrossBones

Louder than words
Daps
Reppin
Vice City
street smarts = survival skills and instincts. book smarts = helps with the ability to think outside of those conditions to better yourself and your situation. theyre great for different reasons.