Do Shooters Generally Have The WOAT/Most Toxic Communities?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This. Shooters and Fighters are generally the most popular genres for competitive play. There’s probably a ton of fukkery playing online sports games as well
2k is full of fukkery.

shyt we matched up again a team in Rec that where all racist cacs with klan logos on their gym.

Chef

All Star
Daps
DOTA. One toxic breh can fukk up the whole game. :snoop:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Shooters aren't that bad. It's really just COD and Halo thats full of racist cacs. Siege can be toxic cause its highly competitive with a requirement for teamwork due to no respawn. Apex and everything else is pretty cool most times.

The worst demographic of gamer in my opinion has to be those hipster gamer circles that are full of those snarky passive aggressive and pretentious cacs that are so burnt out on gaming they only find enjoyment in obscure indie games, have a disdain for AAA gaming simply because its mainstream, have a weird complex with whos a "real gamer" versus whos not, and love debating shyt like "are games considered art?".

I'm talking about the resetera / neogaf type gamers. You can never actually discuss the actual games with these types of people, its just way deeper for them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The worst demographic of gamer in my opinion has to be those hipster gamer circles that are full of those snarky passive aggressive and pretentious cacs that are so burnt out on gaming they only find enjoyment in obscure indie games, have a disdain for AAA gaming simply because its mainstream, have a weird complex with whos a "real gamer" versus whos not, and love debating shyt like "are games considered art?".

:mjgrin:

Llysol

Shinigami
Daps
Reppin
MIA in ATL
Online FPS games probably the most toxic since people feel safe behind the mic/keyboard

FGC can get pretty bad too but that's mostly just trash talk instead of racism or sexism

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Shooters aren't that bad. It's really just COD and Halo thats full of racist cacs. Siege can be toxic cause its highly competitive with a requirement for teamwork due to no respawn. Apex and everything else is pretty cool most times.

I'm talking about the resetera / neogaf type gamers. You can never actually discuss the actual games with these types of people, its just way deeper for them.
yes, the pretentious people are worse than the racists...jesus

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
It's a problem across the board. The FPS crowd gets the spotlight because they're the most immediately vocal. Basically anything where people are interacting, you're inevitably going to get some kind of stupidity creeping in at some point.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I just remembered the Smash Bros community. Too many isolated incidents for it not to be a community thing.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Haha I agree but I also have to catch myself from not being too "indie >> " myself! Lol