Do lyrics not matter in Hip-Hop anymore?

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
O shyt I do get kinda of heated when people are always complaining on music my bad breh. As far as Bon bons have you ever tried them shyts. bomb.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
O shyt I do get kinda of heated when people are always complaining on music my bad breh. As far as Bon bons have you ever tried them shyts. bomb.
Nah breh I wasn't complaining, just making an observation of I what I see when I'm out around others..

I love lyrical guys like Kendrick & Action Bronson & I also love Chief Keef & A$AP Rocky....But I noticed that people gravitate towards more simpler rappers

Don Dada F Poppa

Benchwarmer
Daps
Reppin
MD
Lyricism is a lost art. Though you still have the few artists in this generation that care somewhat about lyrics (Homotional Drake, J Cole, K Dot), most people have dumbed their content down to that of an elementary school artist. As long as the music sounds good though, then I'll continue to :dj2:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
not at all, and its a shame. as long as the beats good people will overlook anything. i mean shyt rick ross was a co, now he's rapping about selling drugs. its :childplease: when u think about it, but he makes good music so he gets a pass. 20 years ago he woulda got stomped out for some fukk shyt like that.

:childplease: Pac created his image....bet that's ya favorite rapper though smh

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Nah breh I wasn't complaining, just making an observation of I what I see when I'm out around others..

I love lyrical guys like Kendrick & Action Bronson & I also love Chief Keef & A$AP Rocky....But I noticed that people gravitate towards more simpler rappers

fo sho props
:cheers:

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
The game is so watered down right now that when I get impressed by a line nowadays I can't tell if it's because it's a good line or if I'm just glad a rapper is still trying to be clever.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
wale
cole
drake
k dot
lupe
big sean(to a lesser extent then the other)
freddy gibbs
meek mill
vado

are all young dudes on the rise, and all of them focus alot on lyrics, they might be lyrically as great as the rappers that came before them but u cant tell me they dont focus on lyrics, and they have a bunch of underground dude who focus on lyrics also