Do lyrics not matter in Hip-Hop anymore?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking about this the other day, It seems like people don't care what you say as long as you got dope beats and good visuals

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
oh my god props to the threadstarter for this dope thread

but to answer the thread no it don't we got nikkas like gucci mane
asap rocky etc rapping so no lyrics do not matter.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Fans as a whole stopped checkin for super lyricism, which caused artist to "dumb down" their lyrics i.e jay z... which now breeds even weaker lyricism all around except for your couple rare rappers that come out every few years... basically its all about $$ imo.. if lyrics sold ull still hear it

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
not at all, and its a shame. as long as the beats good people will overlook anything. i mean shyt rick ross was a co, now he's rapping about selling drugs. its :childplease: when u think about it, but he makes good music so he gets a pass. 20 years ago he woulda got stomped out for some fukk shyt like that.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
not at all, and its a shame. as long as the beats good people will overlook anything. i mean shyt rick ross was a co, now he's rapping about selling drugs. its :childplease: when u think about it, but he makes good music so he gets a pass. 20 years ago he woulda got stomped out for some fukk shyt like that.

Hell yeah i cosign that.. even tho i listen to rick ross

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
People aren't impressed any more...style has over taken hip-hop for like 6 years man.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Maybe nobody gives a fukk about your boring ass RA Rugged Man lyricsm, fukking p*ssy enjoy the fukking music find what you like in hip-hop and listen to that. If you don't like current hip-hop take your ass to old school hip-hop forum and post up there bytch. Otherwise stop bytching and put us on to that current good lyrical music that you know all about.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
there's a time and place for different types of music.

lyrical hip-hop is cool for certain situations and there's time for some ignorant shyt like flocka, jeezy, ross, chief keef, etc

it's just that that type of music is more marketable than lyrical hip-hop :yeshrug:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
Maybe nobody gives a fukk about your boring ass RA Rugged Man lyricsm, fukking p*ssy enjoy the fukking music find what you like in hip-hop and listen to that. If you don't like current hip-hop take your ass to old school hip-hop forum and post up there bytch. Otherwise stop bytching and put us on to that current good lyrical music that you know all about.

smoke some weed and :ahh: bruh

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Fans as a whole stopped checkin for super lyricism, which caused artist to "dumb down" their lyrics i.e jay z... which now breeds even weaker lyricism all around except for your couple rare rappers that come out every few years... basically its all about $$ imo.. if lyrics sold ull still hear it

so true

semtex

:)
Daps
^this nikka mad cause we don't like Drake :jawalrus: nikka soundin he watch E! and eat bonbons. go exfoliate you ice cream ass nikka :jawalrus:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

You mad breh? :wtf: .... I was just asking a question.