Do low carb diets brehs

semtex

:)
Daps
Man, low carb isn't worth it if you don't make that switch from carb burning to fat burning. Look up ketogains or the keto reddit board, it will be an easy cut. Too much protein can also throw you off keto.
Yeah well theres no need now. I've stocked up on healthy carbs. Beans, oatmeal, brown rice, and fruits :ahh: and my body is thanking me.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think it's good for a quick jump start or if you're going to hardly exercise but if you work out hard you need carbs.

May I offer an alternative?
"Glucose is not the preferred fuel of muscle cells under normal human resting metabolic conditions or even under most normal human movement patterns (exercise). Fat is.

The basic underlying FALSE assumption is that glucose is the preferred fuel of most cells; BUT, because we can’t store very much glucose (as glycogen in liver and muscles), we need to provide a continuous source of glucose in the form of exogenous carbohydrate (high carb meals) to keep the brain, blood, and certain organs humming along and the muscles primed for activity. AND, if we don’t feed ourselves enough carbohydrate every few hours, our blood sugar will drop and we’ll go into “starvation mode” and cannibalize our precious muscle tissue"

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/a-me...at-carbs-human-body-metabolism/#ixzz3DySVH7K1

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah well theres no need now. I've stocked up on healthy carbs. Beans, oatmeal, brown rice, and fruits :ahh: and my body is thanking me.
It should be feeling good, you never made that switch to becoming fat adapted so depleting carbs made you feel like you were dying. The carbs feel like sex to you now, lol.

If you ever want to join the keto dark side in the future, do some reading on the protocol so you know what to expect.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I agree with @HoustonHeat you were definitely doing it wrong breh, I've done low carb diets before and I upped my fat intake and meal frequency to offset the lack of carbs. My muscle endurance dropped a little bit as glycogen stores in my muscles were depleted but outright power was still there. I didn't lose a lot of weight, but the body fat was just melting off my body and muscle mass remained.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
OP you need to define what you mean by "low carb".

Most people eat way more than 200g of carbs a day. 200 is fairly low carb. 100-150g of carbs is what I got ripped off - that's not crazy low.

Some people consider <100g low carbs - which for me if you are doing more than a couple days a week of - is way too low.

Daps
Dude isn't lying. Low Carb is tough but it is beneficial...when you then have some carbs you should fill out nicely. Muscles will feel and look great!

semtex

:)
Daps
OP you need to define what you mean by "low carb".

Most people eat way more than 200g of carbs a day. 200 is fairly low carb. 100-150g of carbs is what I got ripped off - that's not crazy low.

Some people consider <100g low carbs - which for me if you are doing more than a couple days a week of - is way too low.
Yeah i def wasn't even getting 100g. I literally cut them out :patrice:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Yeah i def wasn't even getting 100g. I literally cut them out :patrice:
that's the for sure the issue anything less then 40g per day will have you feeling weak and depressed. its not sustainable over a long period of time for me at least