Do low carb diets brehs

semtex

:)
Daps
I cannot emphasize enough how bad an idea that shyt is. That's why I'm making this a thread. Here is what has happened as a result.

1) low mood. Even strong suicidal ideations :whoo:

2) weakness. If it's a back or leg day FORGET IT. I couldn't make it through two sets of dumbbell rows (even deloaded). Deadlifts? Couldn't muster the mental fortitude to even do them.

3) :flabbynsick: . Weaker and more flabby at a lower body weight. Brehs....looking in the mirror and seeing more flab while knowing that I was LIGHTER did evil shyt to my ego.

In conclusion. Don't fukkin do it. Especially if you have a history of mood disorders

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
how you get abs without low carbs? curious question.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is my second or third round with keto, and I never had no suicidal thoughts (...). The little muscle mass I worked so hard to earn doesn't go away, and the division in my top abdominals come through more clearly.

I would never do low carb more than 65g carbs (I'm a woman) because that would never get me fat adapted and would just keep me hungry all the time. And if my macros aren't FAT heavy enough to make up the rest of my caloric intake, I would have shyt energy.

I don't know what low carb option you all are doing, but in my keto induction stage, you are supposed to lay low until you get into actual ketosis, by which point your energy is pretty high and intermittent fasting just comes naturally. Induction is a bytch to get through, so I don't work out until after, and I make sure to get my salt and magnesium up. Your electrolytes levels get thrown off, and you should also be drinking less. Did you increase your fat intake? Did you just reduce your carb intake or did you follow a specific low carb protocol?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You can do it but you gotta view it as fuel and make sure that what you do intake is timed to be optimal for the next work out and not over do it when you know you won't be touch glycogen stores.

All that said it's a a sliding scale of tolerance x individuality

semtex

:)
Daps
This is my second or third round with keto, and I never had no suicidal thoughts (...). The little muscle mass I worked so hard to earn doesn't go away, and the division in my top abdominals come through more clearly.

I would never do low carb more than 65g carbs (I'm a woman) because that would never get me fat adapted and would just keep me hungry all the time. And if my macros aren't FAT heavy enough to make up the rest of my caloric intake, I would have shyt energy.

I don't know what low carb option you all are doing, but in my keto induction stage, you are supposed to lay low until you get into actual ketosis, by which point your energy is pretty high and intermittent fasting just comes naturally. Induction is a bytch to get through, so I don't work out until after, and I make sure to get my salt and magnesium up. Your electrolytes levels get thrown off, and you should also be drinking less. Did you increase your fat intake? Did you just reduce your carb intake or did you follow a specific low carb protocol?
My fat intake wasn't notably high.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My fat intake wasn't notably high.
Man, low carb isn't worth it if you don't make that switch from carb burning to fat burning. Look up ketogains or the keto reddit board, it will be an easy cut. Too much protein can also throw you off keto.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
how you get abs without low carbs? curious question.

I don't do low carbs and I have visible abs Carbs for me are about double the protien grams

carbs are needed for energy and once you reach lower body fat if your not getting enough carbs your not going to progress

this is my macros for lift days

Lift Days

Calories - 2600 (500 calorie surplus)

Protein - 160 grams

Fats - 70 grams

Carbs - 325 grams