DMX It's Dark And Hell Is Hot 20th Anniversary Thread

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
This album and artist defined an era. Single handily changed the landscape of the game. A year prior (1997) Puffy and the Bad Boy sound ruled the game. DMX brought the mainstream out of the shiny suits and 70's/80's pop loops back to the streets with raw lyrics and energy. This album debuted at number 1 while his 2nd release (Flesh of My Flesh...) also debuted at number 1 later that year, making DMX the first artist alive to have 2 number 1 albums the same year. This album ruled the summer of 98! Everywhere you went, each car that drove by was playing a different song from the album. This was also the height of the Tunnel era. Get At Me Dog was the hottest song in the Tunnel ever! I remember being at the Tunnel the night Hype Williams shot the video to Get At Me Dog. It was during NBA All Star Weekend, and everyone was there. That energy for a new artist can never be duplicated. The only one that came close or was able to match that was 50 a few years later. Lets all celebrate a milestone for this classic right here.

1200x630bb.jpg

DarkandHellisHot

All Star
Daps
My GOAT Album :lawd:
The way DMGOAT kick it off :damn:
And the way he finished it :damn:
Album is grimy, dark and violent yet still did amazing numbers :banderas:

@DarkandHellisHot probably gon' be mad at you OP :umad:
I'm fine until i check the title and don't see 'GOAT Album' :yeshrug:

Two sets of footprints; I was right beside you there
But what about them times I only saw one?
Those were the times when I was under the gun
It was then I carried you my son

:wow::wow: