Djimon Hounsou Is 'Still Struggling to Make a Dollar' in Hollywood: 'I Feel Tremendously Cheated' in Terms of Pay and Workload

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
he reprising his role as a magical negro in shazam. ya hate to see it. he would do an amazing job leading a well written TV show or something. he could easily be a leading actor on the level of liam neesons.

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
“Today, we talk so much about the Oscars being so white, but I remember there was a time where I had no support at all: no support from my own people, no support from the media, from the industry itself. It felt like: ‘You should be happy that you’ve got nominated,’ and that’s that.”

:mjpls:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
who-korath-the-pursuer.gif

:lolbron:

:mjlol:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
They stay undermining him with supporting roles. Shyt's insulting. No way in hell he should not have his own production or two to attach is name to.

Hollywood :pacspit:
I’m saying at this point he might be better off producing his own films and putting himself in some significant roles. But then just raising funding for the movies will be another battle altogether

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
He was the actor who did the audio work for T'Challa in the BET Black Panther cartoon.

And unfortunately he was typecasted as the Black sidekick to white protagonists in Gladiator, Constantine, and other films and never got his due.

Which is why it's important for Black people to have sufficient money to hire their own people so they don't have to make the choice between staying in Black media but making less money or choosing white media projects, making more money, but being the token Black cast member with minimal prominence.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I give him credit dude stay putting in work... Maybe he can call up James Gunn and see if he can get into the new DC movies???:manny: alot of actors go throughout their careers without recognition but they are recognized...:ehh: