Disturbing moments in Video Games (Spoilers)

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I have been playing Kane and Lynch 2 on Series X (Backward Compat) trying to complete the Campaign because I never completed it. There is a section in the game where one of the main guy characters girlfriend gets kidnapped along with the 2 characters. The bad guys raped her and torture her in front of the character and you can hear them pounding her out smh

Its funny that after all the hardcore violence and disturbing imagery this randomly starts playing at the end of the game

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a) this thread creeped me out more than I expected

b) apparently I missed A LOT of shyt in RDR2 even tho I beat the game...to be fair tho I completed a majority of it in 2 days cuz I was anticipating the online portion of the game which turned out to be a huge disappointment for me...in hindsight I wish I’d taken my time with the campaign

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its funny that after all the hardcore violence and disturbing imagery this randomly starts playing at the end of the game

Kane and Lynch 2 was s game that had a clear vision, and interesting ideas, but had a few major roadblocks.

The Kane and Lynch name carried a ton of baggage from the first game not being all that good, and having that review controversy.

It came out at the wrong time, probably from the wrong publisher. I remember a lot of the feedback on it was that people found the over the top violence, and the overall UI/presentation being unpleasant and off-putting. Had it come out a couple of years later, when the idea of games being uncomfortable/unpleasant was something people were more accepting of, and maybe been something from a smaller publisher, maybe things would have been a bit different.

The gameplay was pretty meh as I remember it. Ultimately, it's a game, so it still has to play well. Going back to the second point though, people seem to be more accepting of middling gameplay if the game makes up for it elsewhere.

Spec Ops: The Line fell prey to that too. Pretty good storyline (even though it gets heavy handed. The loading screen messages almost made me strain my eyes from rolling them), but it came wrapped in a pretty standard third-person shooter.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
spec ops was dope as hell...probably the online time I played a video game back to back

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Kane and Lynch 2 was s game that had a clear vision, and interesting ideas, but had a few major roadblocks.

The Kane and Lynch name carried a ton of baggage from the first game not being all that good, and having that review controversy.

It came out at the wrong time, probably from the wrong publisher. I remember a lot of the feedback on it was that people found the over the top violence, and the overall UI/presentation being unpleasant and off-putting. Had it come out a couple of years later, when the idea of games being uncomfortable/unpleasant was something people were more accepting of, and maybe been something from a smaller publisher, maybe things would have been a bit different.

The gameplay was pretty meh as I remember it. Ultimately, it's a game, so it still has to play well. Going back to the second point though, people seem to be more accepting of middling gameplay if the game makes up for it elsewhere.

Spec Ops: The Line fell prey to that too. Pretty good storyline (even though it gets heavy handed. The loading screen messages almost made me strain my eyes from rolling them), but it came wrapped in a pretty standard third-person shooter.

I love games with that type of dark storytelling like Max Payne 3. Its like playing through a dope ass film fantasy or graphic novel. Yeah I know it's a bad game but the overall stylishness of how the game is presented makes it worth playing at least once.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love games with that type of dark storytelling like Max Payne 3. Its like playing through a dope ass film fantasy or graphic novel. Yeah I know it's a bad game but the overall stylishness of how the game is presented makes it worth playing at least once.

Bad? Max Payne 3 was piff, as far as I'm concerned.

I wish Rockstar would stop acting like the series doesn't exist and at least remaster 3, if not just make a new one.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I wish Rockstar would stop acting like the series doesn't exist and at least remaster 3, if not just make a new one.

I eventually said fukk it and broke down and bought a PS3 just to replay it lol...wished they had opted to let it be included with xbox’s BC program

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps

Im saying the game is like the cousin of Max Payne 3 but coked out of its mind and pilled up. And yes I agree Max Payne 3 needs a re release but rockstar will never do it because theirs no long term money in it for them because they love microtransactions.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im saying the game is like the cousin of Max Payne 3 but coked out of its mind and pilled up. And yes I agree Max Payne 3 needs a re release but rockstar will never do it because theirs no long term money in it for them because they love microtransactions.

Oh, gotcha. I just misunderstood your point. Instead of reading that as you comparing the storytelling in Spec Ops to Max Payne, I took it as you saying Max Payne 3 was bad. :snoop:

You're spot on about the odds of a Max Payne revival, though. GTA V is the best and worst thing to happen to Rockstar, I swear. If it didn't print money, they could dedicate themselves to whatever crazy shyt they wanted to do, and not have to focus on multiplayer that drives microtransactions. But those microtransactions let them pull shyt like spending most of a decade working on RDR 2.