Disney raises bid for Fox to 71.3 Billion

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

From that article:

“As we have said before, we feel confident that this process continues to be very good news for Fox shareholders,” wrote veteran media analyst Michael Nathanson.

Nathanson said Disney is in a strong position to compete with any potential follow-on bid from Comcast, saying the Burbank entertainment giant’s superior balance sheet, better business rationale and clearer regulatory path make it likely to emerge victorious in the bidding war.

“Before, the only outstanding question was whether Disney’s board and management would go to the mat on this transaction,” Nathanson wrote. “We now know, the answer is clearly yes.”

Fred.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Fantastic 4 and its characters aren't technically included in this deal. Fox just had exclusive distribution rights to the movies.

Whomever gets this needs to just buy out that German Production company that owns the F4 rights altogether.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's his opinion. You questioned if Comcast would make this a bidding war. And btw, there are other articles that believe Comcast can win Fox.

The entire article is opinions. Comcast making this a bidding war is an opinion. As of right now Fox is meeting with Disney, so that's what I was commenting on.

Fred.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
is it too late to get a post credit scene in the Next Avengers film or will we still have to wait 2-3 years for the characters to merge?
It's too late but I don't think it's going to take that long for the deal to go through. I thought I heard it was eighteen months awhile ago.