Disney planning to make Star Wars and Marvel channels

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
it was a little longer than a year and a half breh. The hub was around my senior year of college so that was back in 08 cause they used to advertise for it heavy in times square.
the official name change happened after 4 years but what they originally visioned with the channel was done after a year or so. At first they were showing G1 Transformers/ GI Joe blocks everyday but that was done pretty quickly and they started showing kids movies all day...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the official name change happened after 4 years but what they originally visioned with the channel was done after a year or so. At first they were showing G1 Transformers/ GI Joe block everyday but that was done pretty quickly and they started showing kids movies all day...

I thought the kids movie stuff started fairly recently though? like a year or 2 ago. It felt like they had a good 5 or 6 years of doing what they were doing

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I thought the kids movie stuff started fairly recently though? like a year or 2 ago. It felt like they had a good 5 or 6 years of doing what they were doing
"Discovery Kids" channel had been around since the 90's. Hasbro took over and changed it to the "The Hub" around October 2010 with that new Transformers CGI cartoon. G1 and GI Joe hadn't been allowed on TV for years up until Hasbro finally got the rights back and started showing them on The Hub. If i remember correctly the channel relaunched with a G1 marathon...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
"Discovery Kids" channel had been around since the 90's. Hasbro took over and changed it to the "The Hub" around October 2010 with that new Transformers CGI cartoon. G1 and GI Joe hadn't been allowed on TV for years up until Hasbro finally got the rights back and started showing them on The Hub. If i remember correctly the channel relaunched with a G1 marathon...

See I thought it was 08 but you might be right. but from what i remember, the hub has been around since 08. I could be off tho. Either way, i do still enjoy tiny toons

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
See I thought it was 08 but you might be right. but from what i remember, the hub has been around since 08. I could be off tho. Either way, i do still enjoy tiny toons
from wiki...
On April 30, 2009, toy manufacturer and media company Hasbro announced that it would be forming a joint venture with Discovery Communications to re-launch Discovery Kids as a new, family-oriented television channel. Under the arrangement, Discovery would be in charge of handling advertising sales and distribution for the new channel, while Hasbro would be involved in acquiring and producing programming. While the network planned to maintain educational series (including those carried over from Discovery Kids), plans called for new original programs based off Hasbro-owned franchises such as G.I. Joe, My Little Pony, Transformers, and game shows adapted from its board game brands.[11][12][13][14]

In January 2010, Discovery and Hasbro announced that the new network would be known as The Hub; two months later, the companies announced that The Hub would be launched on October 10, 2010.
/QUOTE]

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Streaming the old Spiderman and X-men cartoons
zSlxvk1.png