Disney (ABC/ESPN) has put an $18M per year contract renewal offer to Stephen A. Smith

Does this nikka take it

• Total voters

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
One thing you cannot say about Stephen A is that people watch him just because he is on. He has earned everything he has at this point, starting all the way at the bottom.

ESPN has 3 channels of alternatives people can tune into if they don’t like Stephen A. They have put plenty of people in positions to succeed over the years and none of them rose to the occasion.
Those other channels of alternatives are dead and have been for years. ESPN2 is literally just reruns of what's shown on ESPN for the day including reruns of FT.

It's a reason why they moved FT from ESPN2 to ESPN years ago.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
People still have cable? How do you watch ESPN without cable?

I got the Hulu/Disney+ for my children. If I didn’t have kids, I wouldn’t have the package. I wouldn’t add ESPN+.

I’m a basketball only guy and stream the games. Not into talk radio. I’d rather listen to the ringer podcasts for true takes. I do miss PTI though.
:flabbynsick:

TV is dying but boomers are still watching. Get you 100M+ while you can Brother.
:salute:

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Let him go to fox . Split the bread between Rc and Tim legler and Dan O... Guys YouTube is terrible

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Let him go to fox . Split the bread between Rc and Tim legler and Dan O... Guys YouTube is terrible
And if their numbers fall after losing him what happens? He ain’t the reason he’s popular lol. And even if he left, the next person for espn will have to be a fake ass version of SAS which it seems like Kendrick is trying to be. Or they’ll just have to give the same money to Shannon Sharpe.

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
And if their numbers fall after losing him what happens? He ain’t the reason he’s popular lol. And even if he left, the next person for espn will have to be a fake ass version of SAS which it seems like Kendrick is trying to be. Or they’ll just have to give the same money to Shannon Sharpe.
Kendrick can't carry by himself. Mad dog would be interesting but I think they could work by committee

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Not the biggest fan of his but he's been ESPN's workhorse and face for quite a while now. He definitely needs to be the highest paid there. Troy and Joe work one day a week for 17 weeks a year. Some weeks alone you see Stephen A anywhere from the morning to the evening on multiple shows. To the point where you know he's gotta be wearing himself thin. So pay that man and don't even think twice about it.

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
Oh you be listening to Whitlock :sas1:
Whitlock says one good thing every 10 year average. 99% of what he says is garbage, both sports and poltics. I made the mistake of thinking that he’s worth listening to for anything other than shytting on Stephen A and learned the hard way.

So Stephen A comes off an embarrassing Finals performance where he couldn’t even put together a competent 3 minute Halftime show. ESPN is getting dragged by virtually every reputable media outlet. His only gimmick is dying (barbershop debate talk). And he gets rewarded with the richest contract ever? :gucci:

He’s an industry plant who is being paid to be a controlled asset.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
:russ: Rachel Maddow makes $30M a year?

Crazy how money is dished out to these on-air folks.

Kelly Ripa makes $22M a year to talk bullshyt for an hour 4-5x a week with a good amount of summers and holidays off.

The American economy is retarded. Absolutely ridiculous.

Unless you are an institutional figure like Bob Barker, names for where people will turn in for you and ONLY you, you don't deserve this shyt.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
people can't complain about ESPN's coverage and then be like "except Stephen A. He's cool"

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
The American economy is retarded. Absolutely ridiculous.

Unless you are an institutional figure like Bob Barker, names for where people will turn in for you and ONLY you, you don't deserve this shyt.
What makes bob barker any different

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Whitlock says one good thing every 10 year average. 99% of what he says is garbage, both sports and poltics. I made the mistake of thinking that he’s worth listening to for anything other than shytting on Stephen A and learned the hard way.

So Stephen A comes off an embarrassing Finals performance where he couldn’t even put together a competent 3 minute Halftime show. ESPN is getting dragged by virtually every reputable media outlet. His only gimmick is dying (barbershop debate talk). And he gets rewarded with the richest contract ever? :gucci:

He’s an industry plant who is being paid to be a controlled asset.
You been watching too many podcast :mjlol:
Let's operate in reality. So he's a plant?
Ok, so THE MAN right was like nikkaZ LOOOOOVE STEVEN A SMITH, LET'S PLANT THAT nikka ON ESPN SO HE CAN REACH MIGGAZ AND THEN.. LET'S HAVE HIM TALK ABOUT KWAME.

In life young man you will see many views, and as people get older their views appear more c00nish imo. Steven A in some instances I disagree with his position. Instead of it just being that, in today's society? He's gotta be a plant because you didn't like some shyt he said 4yrs ago maybe? What is his agenda, what's the goal of this plant. Is he influencing YOU on how you think? What's the purpose of the Steven A plant? You got my attention :popcorn: