Disney (ABC/ESPN) has put an $18M per year contract renewal offer to Stephen A. Smith

Does this nikka take it

• Total voters

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Of course he should take it. :sas1: probably in the office like

it60hr.gif

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Nah SAS would easily transition to Fox like nothing happened… folk forget SAS was in his :mjpls: when BSPN got rid of him the first time around and he was on Fox with Hannity talkin greasy about Obama
The initial switch would be a big deal but he wouldn’t sustain it. Yelling about sports is different than yelling about politics. As soon as the ratings dip he’s :camby: SAS ain’t on Strahan’s level so I don’t see him making it trying to do what Strahan is doing. Maybe he should do something like host a couple of these stupid ass game shows that they keep putting on tv. I don’t know :yeshrug:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait to the haters find out what ESPN are paying Troy Aikman, Joe Buck, and Greenberg

SAS compared to his colleagues is underpaid

Greenberg gets 6.5 mil

SAS gets 12 mil

Can't compare him to Aikman and Buck because football is king and they had to overpay to get them from Fox.

SAS is their highest paid talent by a wide margin. They're offering a 6 million increase. ESPN is essentially bidding against themselves because no one is going to offer him more let alone 18. FS1 isn't moving the needle and if they overpaid him SAS would lose his relevancy on a network no one watches. Maybe Amazon would but again with SAS it's about being relevant as well as the money. No one offers that but ESPN. Unless he wants to get paid and do less work he's not going anywhere.

I've been saying for months Stephen A could be somewhere else next year. Is 25 million a shytload of money? Yes, of course. But if McAfee is getting 30 million (I understand he pays for his production out of that) Stephen A is worth more. Because McAfee's show hasn't set the world on fire for ESPN ratings.

Would FS1, Amazon, Netflix, Peacock, or Apple be willing to pay Stephen A 25 or 30 million? I think so. Because FOR THEM, he would be a huge boost in their sports programming world.

Do you understand? 30 mil is not his salary so you can't use that number when SAS isn't on a production deal.

McAfee, Aikman, and Buck get inflated numbers because of what they built away from ESPN. They needed top dollar to be brought in. SAS has no platform outside of ESPN to use as a bargaining chip. He has no success outside of his role as in house talent with the network. He's failed rverytime he tried to expand his brand.

Ryan Clark wanted more money than offered and ESPN had to cave because he has The Pivot and Inside the NFL. He had options outside of them so he could walk and land on Fox, CBS, or NBC. I don't think SAS' value is as high outside of ESPN because the NBA doesn't have the network coverage football gets. He wouldn't be utilized for football and covering the Cowboys anywhere else.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Sharpe ain’t got the persona, charisma or really, he ain’t as sharp witted to take SAS’s role. SAS and Skip and their type of “journalism” has been a blight to the sport, but it’s easy virality, and it’s a constant.

I know Amazon would pay what he wants in a heart beat as they try to launch their basketball network.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I’m sure Fox News would bid for Steven A services full time…

or naw :mjpls:

FOX isn't paying him $18M per year. Sure, he could do sports and be on FOX News.

BUT, FS1 isn't ESPN and what is he going to do for the other sports? Plus, they don't have the NBA.

FOX fired Tucker Carlson and still are paying him his $20M per year salary. And he was getting 4M viewers per night..

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Tom Brady getting 375 million over 10 years to do a job he has zero experience in where Beavis and Butthead can do the play by play and people will watch. But SAS getting 25 million a year is too much tho. :mjlol:
Right! Them fools are paying for Tom Brady because he’s Tom Brady! He will be hated as much if not more than Romo at some point next season. Olsen kills it and wins an Emmy because of it, but he gets demoted for a guy that never sat in the booth before they UFL championship game. ESPN better pay up. People think life would be better there without SAS but they’d be in for a rude awakening if they let dude walk. Perkins name has risen but he ain’t ready to take over as the main voice.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
:mjlol: Tom Brady getting 375 million over 10 years to do a job he has zero experience in where Beavis and Butthead can do the play by play and people will watch. But SAS getting 25 million a year is too much tho. :mjlol:
Are you really comparing SAS to Brady now :mjlol:

If SAS wants more bread, then he should expand his portfolio outside of just hot takes, NBA talk and Cowboys jokes.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Are you really comparing Brady to SAS now :mjlol:

SAS should be making more than Tom. All these NFL play by play cats making over 8 figures is a joke to me in a sport where people are watching no matter who is in the booth. And for Tom who has put in ZERO work on play calling and play by plays to become the highest paid is comical.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
SAS should be making more than Tom. All these NFL play by play cats making over 8 figures is a joke to me in a sport where people are watching no matter how is in the booth. And for Tom who has put in ZERO work on play calling and play by plays to become the highest paid it comical.
Name recognition and notoriety matters and those guys have it more than SAS.

In fact, that’s exactly what SAS likes to brag about compared some of his other peers.

It’s a reason why there’s talk of him wanting to do NFL work because that’s where the money he wants is.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Name recognition and notoriety matters and those guys have it more than SAS.

In fact, that’s exactly what SAS likes to brag about compared some of his other peers.

It’s a reason why there’s talk of him wanting to do NFL work because that’s where the money he wants is.
Nope, not buying it.

These mufukkaz be breaking their neck to give cacs bags that don't deserve it.

We see it time and time and time again, but I'm the one tripping? :rudy: