Disney (ABC/ESPN) has put an $18M per year contract renewal offer to Stephen A. Smith

Does this nikka take it

• Total voters

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don’t mind him getting paid

But in my opinion dude is no tim legler when it comes to basketball

Football, boxing, MMA he is fukking terrible at

And the only reason he gets buzz from ESPN, because he knows how to play the game and he won’t cross that line when it comes to a MJ or Jerry Jones
Which always makes it hilarious that he's willing to cross the line about nearly everything and everyone else

Can't call yourself a straight shooter when you're compromised depending on the subject and person at hand

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
SAS real problem is that he doesn't pull eyeballs on his own.

His YT channel a less less than 750k subs which is good, but it ain't 30M good.
He's only got 5 videos over 1M views and two of them are about Shannon Sharpe, one is about Jason Whitlock, and another one is about Diddys apology. A bunch of the videos don't even have 10k views.

SAS has to have a Roundtable of people to bounce off of and one of the biggest sports networks in the world for himself to flourish.

This isn't like Shannon or Ryan because they've proven they can go build something on their own (the Pivot and Shannon's shows both have more subs and a much higher views per vid rate than anything SAS has done).

What has SAS built to show that people care what he has to say outside of ESPN?
What's his leverage to say "pay me or I'm leaving"? Only thing I can think of is that they save money hiring others because he does 5 times the coverage, but it's shxtty coverage about sports he doesn't know so what's the point?
ESPN need him tho. Otherwise they’d let him walk.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don’t mind him getting paid

But in my opinion dude is no tim legler when it comes to basketball

Football, boxing, MMA he is fukking terrible at

And the only reason he gets buzz from ESPN, because he knows how to play the game and he won’t cross that line when it comes to a MJ or Jerry Jones
They love SAS cause he always says yes, works like a slave and has infinite connections

For all the fans that hate him, damn near every sports star comes to him when it's time to spill the beans or leak info.. ESPN don't want to lose that or Shefty/Woj types cause they get the exclusives

shyt Magic quit the Lakers at night and was live on 1st Take the next morning. A story will break and he'll come back from commercial with live quotes from who they was just talking about

THAT is the power they don't want to give up

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

He's only got 5 videos over 1M views and two of them are about Shannon Sharpe, one is about Jason Whitlock, and another one is about Diddys apology. A bunch of the videos don't even have 10k views.

SAS has to have a Roundtable of people to bounce off of and one of the biggest sports networks in the world for himself to flourish.

This isn't like Shannon or Ryan because they've proven they can go build something on their own (the Pivot and Shannon's shows both have more subs and a much higher views per vid rate than anything SAS has done).

What's his leverage to say "pay me or I'm leaving"? Only thing I can think of is that they save money hiring others because he does 5 times the coverage, but it's shxtty coverage about sports he doesn't know so what's the point?

All those videos counts are digital fraud.

Stop believe'n views.

They just caught somebody for the shyt a few days ago.

ART BARR

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I think you're underselling SAS here. If you recall, he was late to starting his own Youtube channel and building out his own show on there.

For comparison, Club Shay Shay's channel was out 2 years BEFORE SAS started his own channel on Youtube. 750K subs in under 2 years on Youtube isn't weak. Who has 30M subs tho? McAfee has 2.63M subs in 7 years... Shannon has 3.44M subs in 4 years

SAS got to the wave late, have to see how his growth goes, but let's chill with the... he ain't shyt without ESPN narrative

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think you're underselling SAS here. If you recall, he was late to starting his own Youtube channel and building out his own show on there.

For comparison, Club Shay Shay's channel was out 2 years BEFORE SAS started his own channel on Youtube. 750K subs in under 2 years on Youtube isn't weak. Who has 30M subs tho? McAfee has 2.63M subs in 7 years... Shannon has 3.44M subs in 4 years

SAS got to the wave late, have to see how his growth goes, but let's chill with the... he ain't shyt without ESPN narrative
That's mainly because his Disney+ show got cancelled and had no choice but to pivot the Youtube channel route :russ:

Even then, his Youtube show was a flopped until he changed the name from No Mercy, so that's kind of proving that posters point

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's mainly because his Disney+ show got cancelled and had no choice but to pivot the Youtube channel route :russ:

Even then, his Youtube show was a flopped until he changed the name from No Mercy, so that's kind of proving that posters point
I have to do some research, first time hearing about him having a Disney+ show
:dwillhuh:

I see what the point he was making was, but I was just pointing out that SAS got on Youtube pretty late in the game. It probably had something to do with stipulations in his contract with ESPN tho now that I'm thinking about it.