“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If RJ continues playing how he is then obviously you dont offer him for Grant.

I only mentioned that because around this time last year, you couldnt give him away if you tried.

If thats a move thats going to be made, realistically I-Hart, Fournier, and a pick should be enough. Again, that Grant contract is horrific.

My opinion though is this team is not a Jerami Grant away from competing for a title. No sensible team takes on that type of commitment on a sub-All star talent to come off the bench unless he's the final piece to the puzzle, which again I dont think he is.
We probably won’t. I think the more sensible thing is let Fournier expire and use that money as part of the process for to IQ and IHart.

But…..

If they made a trade and went for it I could see that

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Start both. Grimes goes to the bench. Grant is your starting 3 and backup four when Julius goes out.

The offer was never RJ for Grant. His contract isn’t THAT crazy. You can do Fournier and Daquan Jeffries for Grant straight up. Probably need to throw in 2 of the non Knick firsts. But like dude said, we’d have to wait until January.

Grant makes us bigger, deeper and more versatile on defense.

RJ is not a two anymore and he barely has the footspeed to cover 3's on the perimeter these days. Thats just creating one problem to solve another.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

We’re all in agreement that this is a no thanks right?

Feel like Derozan should be the target (Zach contract is too much). With Derozan only making 28 million a year that’s just Fournier + Obi trade exception and 4 million dollars more.

You wouldn’t even have to give up any of your core pieces although you may have to give multiple draft picks

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Feel like Derozan should be the target (Zach contract is too much). With Derozan only making 28 million a year that’s just Fournier + Obi trade exception and 4 million dollars more.

You wouldn’t even have to give up any of your core pieces although you may have to give multiple draft picks
Trade exceptions can't be combined with other players

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
:dahell: What we miss

Oh shyt probably Dolan caught him talking shyt about him in one of his hidden cameras you know that nikka crazy, or an executive saw the power balance shifting and bam. Or he might have said some old testament stuff about them Skittles. We'll see I'm in DR :steviej:so I'm on @Lurka Ternt Posta mode.

Last edited: