“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
i dont know if im overreacting but the captain shyt seems like a shot at Julius. Having a press conference and shyt for that seems excessive unless they are trying to send a message....Randle made all nba and was an allstar before brunson and after.. and has been here for longer. Just seems odd

Feel the same way

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Lol @ "what about Julius"

The captain role is not necessarily about who the "best" player, even though Brunson got that too. But when has Julius ever displayed leadership qualities.

For all his talent, he's also the same guy who before last year was getting himself ejected, not getting back on D, blowing fuses at refs & teammates, and not participating in timeout huddles, when calls didn't go his way

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

The captain role is not necessarily about who the "best" player, even though Brunson got that too. But when has Julius ever displayed leadership qualities.

For all his talent, he's also the same guy who before last year was getting himself ejected, not getting back on D, blowing fuses at refs & teammates, and not participating in timeout huddles, when calls didn't go his way
This lol

He's definitely no leader & hasn't really displayed any real leadership qualities unlike JB. The way he wouldn't allow teammates to save him from himself during his tantrums speaks volumes. I hope he proves me wrong & shows his growth but I think those tendencies are really ingrained

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Just to illustrate your point, the last two Knicks captains were Lance Thomas and Courtney Lee....Chris Duhon was captain for a while.