Disco Elysium is the Game of the Year

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I played this, but really couldn't get into it. it's very text heavy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's just full of overly-verbose nonsensical pretentious hipster crap.

thank you...I played for a while last night and immediately regret buying it...a lot of faux “intellectual” babble early on that seems to be part of the joke...I’ll plug thru it later and hope it gets better...I need to see if there’s an option to turn off the voices in the PS5 version...I’d actually rather read thru the text

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not used to using keyboard/mouse set up at all (Haven't played computer video games since Fifa/Triple Play 1998 lol) so I might just figure out a way to make it work with my PS controller somehow

it was more frustrating for me using the controller...I’d definitely prefer a keyboard/mouse

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
a lot of faux “intellectual” babble early on that seems to be part of the joke...I’ll plug thru it later and hope it gets better...

I feel you. I normally hate that shyt.

but I actually liked the writing and especially the voice acting in this. And as far as I know, the VAs were all nobodies.

If you don’t like it after a few hours (or if you don’t like this type of game) I’d say move on. But I ended up getting hooked into the story and cared about the characters.

(plus I came off a Souls/Bloodborne binge and needed something low key)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel you. I normally hate that shyt.

but I actually liked the writing and especially the voice acting in this. And as far as I know, the VAs were all nobodies.

If you don’t like it after a few hours (or if you don’t like this type of game) I’d say move on. But I ended up getting hooked into the story and cared about the characters.

(plus I came off a Souls/Bloodborne binge and needed something low key)

ya it’s too early for me to completely trash it...I thought it would be a good change of pace to play it after god of war but I just wasn’t in the mood for it